Are you well travelled?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Are you well travelled?

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Jul 2023, 12:43

Above.

Or have you never travelled outside of your home Country? Personally, I've been to Northern France twice back in the mid 90s, and an Autism conference in Northern Ireland in May 2003, oh and we've been on Holiday in various parts of Wales about 5 times.

How about you guys?

If it was possible, I'd love to attend and compete at the Scottish TKD Championships in Edinburgh in October, but it's too far for Dad to drive.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Are you well travelled?

Post by Teeny » 29 Jul 2023, 19:47

I've not travelled too much really. I did do a trip to the USA before the pandemic and stayed out there for a few months, but other than that I've been in the UK mostly, I do move around different parts of the UK though, I get bored if I'm in one place for a while haha.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Are you well travelled?

Post by Beex » 29 Jul 2023, 21:50

I haven't ever left the country but I've been all over California. We used to just go to the Amtrak station and pick a city and go there to skate. San Francisco is the best for that. IDK about now. They prolly run you off nowadays anywhere that's not a skate park. lol

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Are you well travelled?

Post by Ojisama » 29 Jul 2023, 22:22

Well, my Dad was in the Army so wherever he went, we went, unless it was really dangerous. (Didn't stop our quarters being shot up in Cyprus). Germany, Cyprus, Malta as a kid (Just missed out on Jamaica). Camping in France & Spain as an adult. Italy, Corsica, Elba for holiday trips. All over England, Wales and Scotland. I've got family in Canada, and New Zealand, and in USA at one time.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Are you well travelled?

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Aug 2023, 12:57

Yeah we have very distant relatives on my late Nan's side who are Australian, they came over back in the mid 80s as I recall.

I don't even know if they're still alive though? That was the first and only time I ever saw them.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Chlobo
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Are you well travelled?

Post by Chlobo » 15 Aug 2023, 20:00

I’ve been to about 20 countries in my lifetime.