Adopting a Stand-Up Workstyle

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

RobertPl
United States of America

Achievements

Post by RobertPl » 24 Jul 2023, 11:51

Hello, everyone!
I recently decided to give working at my computer while standing up a try, and guess what? I actually liked it! Now, I've found a balance by alternating between sitting and standing throughout the day, which has positively impacted my focus and productivity.So, has anyone else tried working standing up? I'm eager to hear your thoughts and experiences with this approach.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 24 Jul 2023, 12:23

I personally haven't only because I know there are certain desks that can be adjustable to allow stand up working but I don't have that. I have seen somewhere that working standing up is supposed to help with focus because I guess you don't feel all sluggish sitting down or whatever. I think it definitely would feel weird if I tried it but I think I can see the appeal for it. I probably wouldn't do *all* my work standing up maybe a bit standing and a bit sitting just to stretch my legs every now and then because it can feel uncomfortable for me sitting if I stay there for a long time

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Jul 2023, 12:44

Unfortunately, due to back problems I've had from birth (just over 47 years), I physically can't stand up for long periods, to the extent I can't even pee in a Urinal.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 25 Jul 2023, 10:13

RobertPl wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 09:00
The ideal is always something in between. So you have to alternate between sitting and standing. I divide my work into parts, one part sitting and the other standing. It brings good results.

So I am assuming you do have an adjustable desk that allows you to stand up? If not, or if you have any suggestions, what are the alternatives?

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!