Is there a way to stop getting "job" emails from Indeed short of hiding my CV?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 12 May 2023, 16:58

Above.

I've been getting emails all week inviting me to apply for various jobs, most of which are full time which for various reasons I can't do, and I've been telling these Agency drones since forever that that's the case but they keep sending me stuff!

I don't want to have to hide my CV on Indeed, I know that's an option, as I'm actually after a new job, but I can only work short hours, due to personal circumstances, and NO weekends or night shifts.

I am aware of Google and use it frequently.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 12 May 2023, 17:19

Have a look at the bottom of your emails, there might be an option to unsubscribe from their mailing list or to alter your contacting preferences.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 12 May 2023, 17:22

I've just been on the website and updated my profile, to state day shifts only, NO evenings or weekends, and NO full time, I bet I still get a ton of emails on Monday though.

On one hand it's nice to be in demand, but not when I keep having to turn the offers down because I can't work 37-40 hours a week.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 May 2023, 17:31

I've unsubscribed from the emails.

Like I said last night, it's nice to be in demand but not when the majority of the jobs are nowhere near suitable.