Equality Act 2010?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Equality Act 2010?

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 May 2023, 10:50

Above.

I've applied for various jobs since last week, via Indeed, and I keep getting rejected because I have to declare that due to disability and personal circumstances I can't do full time so they reject me out of hand.

Surely this is HIGHLY illegal under the above Act? Never mind the fact I've been saying for most of the last 13 years that the Act is largely token because the Tories don't and probably never will enforce it.

Thoughts?

I do have a job but for reasons beyond my control I never work, so I'm strongly considering packing it in.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Equality Act 2010?

Post by Ojisama » 12 May 2023, 13:49

There is always the question of "Capability." An employer can reject your application if they deem you incapable of performing the tasks required. Even if you are already in employment, you can be dismissed if you are found to be incapable of performing your duties, although the employer must demonstrate that they do not have a suitable position that you can fill before issuing your notice.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.