Is there a way to make a formal complaint about Evri?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Apr 2023, 10:34

On a Saturday?

I am aware of Google and the Evri website.

They appear to have fucked up royally with the item I sold on eBay last week, and they buyer's not happy at all, neither am I for that matter.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 22 Apr 2023, 11:07

Of course there is. Write them an email. If you want to get legal then lawyer up if you can find one that would take the case on and they'll handle the rest. You won't win in court, but if you want to waste your time and money then go ahead.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Apr 2023, 11:51

Beerkeg wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 11:07
Of course there is. Write them an email. If you want to get legal then lawyer up if you can find one that would take the case on and they'll handle the rest. You won't win in court, but if you want to waste your time and money then go ahead.

Reported, calm down, the Mods won't do anything.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 22 Apr 2023, 12:53

what exactly are you reporting?

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Apr 2023, 13:03

lolin wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 12:53

I sold an old costume on eBay last week, it was sent off by Evri last Thursday afternoon, a week later, according to the tracking number for the item, it's still at the sorting Hub, they appear to have "misplaced" the item, you what? I've heard of incompetence but this is on another level IMO.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 22 Apr 2023, 15:20

richardallen1976 wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 11:51
Beerkeg wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 11:07

Reported, calm down, the Mods won't do anything.

Ok, seriously I think this was uncalled for. If anything I agree what's being said. There are plenty of people, most namely with people who have small business that experience very similar to what you have just experienced. It can happen with any postal service, not just Evri- I too have experienced such incompetence. And Beerkeg is correct, with the idea that there is only so much you can do. An email might seem the most sensible. You could take it to court but as previously mentioned it costs money for a lawyer if you need one and without the guarantee of winning the case it may not be worth it, not to mention if it doesn't it could be seen as a waste of the lawyers time.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 22 Apr 2023, 17:01

richardallen1976 wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 13:03
lolin wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 12:53

I sold an old costume on eBay last week, it was sent off by Evri last Thursday afternoon, a week later, according to the tracking number for the item, it's still at the sorting Hub, they appear to have "misplaced" the item, you what? I've heard of incompetence but this is on another level IMO.
I meant why are you reporting Beerkeg's post, but whatevs at this point

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 22 Apr 2023, 21:05

richardallen1976 wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 10:34
On a Saturday?

They appear to have fucked up royally with the item I sold on eBay last week, and they buyer's not happy at all, neither am I for that matter.

I'm sorry, I can't help you with your question, but I do have a few thoughts.

If you have decided to use E-bay as a seller, then you should have read all their terms and conditions before you started, including how to escalate complaints. I've never sold anything on E-bay, but surely it is your choice which postal service you choose to use, as is the choice to include postage in the selling price. Given Evri's poor reputation, why not use a different carrier?

Using Parcel Force (or whatever it is called now) might be more expensive, but having a proof of postage receipt in your hand is pretty solid evidence, and the buyer can't come back at you. I think you said it yourself somewhere else. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Apr 2023, 06:53

Ojisama wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 21:05
richardallen1976 wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 10:34
On a Saturday?

I'm sorry, I can't help you with your question, but I do have a few thoughts.

If you have decided to use E-bay as a seller, then you should have read all their terms and conditions before you started, including how to escalate complaints. I've never sold anything on E-bay, but surely it is your choice which postal service you choose to use, as is the choice to include postage in the selling price. Given Evri's poor reputation, why not use a different carrier?

Using Parcel Force (or whatever it is called now) might be more expensive, but having a proof of postage receipt in your hand is pretty solid evidence, and the buyer can't come back at you. I think you said it yourself somewhere else. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I've been using eBay as a buyer and seller since 1998 with very few problems.

Biggest problem other than the one that's just happened, was a few years back I sold a collection of WWE VHS videos, the buyer never got them as they went walkies in the post, but rather than get negative feedback for something that wasn't my fault, I gave her the money back, I'm too honest for my own good me.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Apr 2023, 09:35

Well they've just sent me an email, 5 days later they still haven't found the item! What the actual fuck is wrong with this incompetent company? More to the point, I am now about to get it in the neck from the buyer on eBay for something that isn't my fault.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 26 Apr 2023, 17:31

Evri is pretty bad like OJ said I trust Parcel Force or Royal Mail in the future for safety, but like @LilMissLarBear said it can happen with any postal service. I remember hating Royal Mail back at the start of the year because they lost orders I sent out for my art shop so had to refund so many people. Things happen, but just complain to their complaints department and hopefully, they'll do something even if you demand some type of compensation.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 26 Apr 2023, 20:57

LikkleMel wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 17:31
Evri is pretty bad like OJ said I trust Parcel Force or Royal Mail in the future for safety, but like @LilMissLarBear said it can happen with any postal service. I remember hating Royal Mail back at the start of the year because they lost orders I sent out for my art shop so had to refund so many people. Things happen, but just complain to their complaints department and hopefully, they'll do something even if you demand some type of compensation.

Royal Mail are just as bad, I once sold a collection of WWE VHS videos, 3 videos for about £25, buyer never received them as they went "walkies" c/o Royal Mail, so rather than get negative feedback for something that weren't my fault, I gave her the money back, and she gave me positive for being so honest (too honest for my own good me! It's like the current drama, I gave the buyer for the He Man stuff his money back this morning, even though the fact it all went a bit Pete Tong wasn't my fault, I'd rather that than lose my perfect feedback score for something that wasn't of my doing)