Bank card problem (FFS, I hate Virgin)

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 20 Apr 2023, 12:54

Above.

On certain sites, the verification keeps failing on my main Bank card from Virgin.

I can use it on Amazon and that's about it.

Do I need to contact Virgin Money?

I am aware of Google.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 20 Apr 2023, 14:37

I think that some cards/banks just have problems. My wife's card keeps getting rejected at our local petrol station. and often at Aldi as well, and she has been in persistent employment for over 30 years. My card, from the same bank, never has any problems, and I'm currently not working (retired).

Try opening another account with a High Street bank such as Halifax/Santandere. Move your money from one to the other at need.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 20 Apr 2023, 15:11

Ojisama wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 14:37
I think that some cards/banks just have problems. My wife's card keeps getting rejected at our local petrol station. and often at Aldi as well, and she has been in persistent employment for over 30 years. My card, from the same bank, never has any problems, and I'm currently not working (retired).

Try opening another account with a High Street bank such as Halifax/Santandere. Move your money from one to the other at need.

I'll speak to Dad about that, I know there's a Halifax in Hillsborough.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)