[Film] Evil Dead Rise

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

[Film] Evil Dead Rise

Post by Ojisama » 15 Apr 2023, 22:33

The latest manifestation of the long running franchise hits theatres later this month.

This trailer ups the ante, showing the Deadite Ellie terrorizing her own sister and children. There is still an evil book, and someone with a chainsaw doing insanely bloody battle against relentless demons.

I've put the trailer in spoilers just in case...

Spoiler:  

To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Evil Dead Rise

Post by Elgood81 » 16 Apr 2023, 22:40

Idk about this one, it's gonna be weird without Bruce Campbell as Ash. i'll still give it a go though

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Evil Dead Rise

Post by djd001 » 16 Apr 2023, 23:07

Like @Elgood81 I'm unsure - Bruce Campbell IS Evil Dead, the tongue through the cheek dark humour, the maniacal behaviour, him arguing with his evil self was just pure gold, it can be copied, but can't be beaten.

From the trailers I was watching at dinner, ironically looking for John Wick 4 seats at the local Odeon for this weekend, it does look good though, Alyssa Sutherland looks like she's going for a good twist on the lead deadite. I'll give it a chance, saying that I never watched the 2013 remake.
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return