Simple video editing on a Chromebook?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Mar 2023, 18:45

I actually found an app on Google Play this afternoon that does exactly what I want and is fairly easy to use called WeVideo, however, even though I would only ever do videos that are a couple of minutes long at the most, I've gone and upgraded to the Premium version to do longer videos and unlimited uploads to YouTube and that for $78 a year.

I've just sent an email to the support help desk of the company to try and get out of it, but I doubt they'll play ball, American companies almost never do.

Basically, are there any free alternatives that would work? I've had a look on the Google Play Store, and there's a few bits but I thought I'd ask for recommendations?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 21 Mar 2023, 20:10

To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Mar 2023, 20:42

In actual fact, following several emails to the company, they've given me a partial refund of the $78, to the tune of just over $59 so most of the cost.

They said they wouldn't normally do that but as I explained my situation, they made an exception, so in some cases, pleading poverty does indeed work!

I'll have a look at your link :)
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)