Is it just me or are Royal Mail incompetent?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Mar 2023, 14:05

I'm currently on hold on the mobile to their customer service call centre, they apparently tried to collect a Parcel about an hour ago from the Flat, even though I specifically arranged the collection on Amazon yesterday for this Friday morning.

And they wonder why the Posties themselves keep going on strike?  :rage:

So I've just had the conversation from hell with their customer service agent, I told her my address, postcode and name like 4 times, plus the order number and she carried on asking! I freely admit I have NO patience but this would piss ANYBODY off! :rage:

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Apr 2023, 08:28

So last Saturday they collected 2 parcels from the Flat, then 2 minutes later I get an email, "sorry we missed you", you what? The Postie had literally been like 2 minutes ago and I handed him the parcels?! WTF are you even on about? Same yesterday, because they said I'd "missed" a collection last week, they tried to recollect yesterday, I specifically came back from Town early to be back for the Postie/DPD bloke, and was in when the post came, so I didn't miss the post, yet they sent an email"sorry we'd missed you", are these clowns really this incompetent?

I wouldn't mind but part of my Council tax goes to paying for their services! Smh.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 06 Apr 2023, 21:31

richardallen1976 wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 08:28
I wouldn't mind but part of my Council tax goes to paying for their services! Smh.

Um, that would be No. The Royal Mail has been a private operation since 2015, when the government sold off it's last stake in the company. The latest increases in stamp prices is another attempt to make the postal service profit making, which it hasn't been for years.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 06 Apr 2023, 22:08

postal services probably shouldn't ever be for profit as you're not going to make a profit unless you charge asinine prices for things or have major deals with retailers like amazon or ali express