Jeremy Hunt reckons the over 50s should "go back to work" Pardon?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Jeremy Hunt reckons the over 50s should "go back to work" Pardon?

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Jan 2023, 15:03

Is this bloke having a larf?

There are NO jobs, and the few jobs there are, are being taken by people aged between 20 and 30 who've just Graduated from Uni probably with letters after their names.

Joe and Fred Bloggs can't even get a sniff at most jobs because they're considered "too old", for some bizarre reason age-ism isn't yet illegal in the jobs market (and probably never will be, more fool the government) and don't even get me started on the impossibility of a disabled applicant even getting an interview despite some companies trotting out the "guaranteed interview for disabled if you meet the criteria" line (which most of 'em don't mean, it's just a legal requirement under the Equality Act, like just under a month ago, I applied for the Tesco on West St, they said I passed the assessment, and to date they haven't been in touch about any interviews or anything)

Thoughts?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)