Facebook community standards?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Dec 2022, 15:20

Above.

I've had at least 3 30 day exiles this year for minor "offences" on Facebook, yet I've reported stuff considerably worse than I ever did, and the Mods don't take down the comments! I've seen 1 sided modding on many a forum but this?!

I'm half tempted to delete my account again.

Only reason I don't is because I talk to a few friends on there.

Anyone else had this problem? It's mostly Sony fans insulting me for my allegiance to the Xbox brand, some of whom go way too far with the insults, but the Mods don't do anything.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Jul 2023, 09:52

Ugh, I spent most of last week reporting comments for attacking me.

Waste of a Mouse click, they keep saying the attacks don't go against community standards, yet I made some nothing comment the other day, they said this post may go against community standards! Pardon? I've seen people get away with a LOT worse.

The FB standards are a joke.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 30 Jul 2023, 21:56

Make sure your "friends" are on your friends list, and then make your account visible to "friends only," and stop making comments on any posts that come up in your feed. If you want to share a feed post, share to friends only.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 31 Jul 2023, 08:10

You can deactivate Facebook and still access the messenger part of it to keep in touch with friends.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan