Which was your fave version of He Man? 80s, or the more modern ones?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 16 Dec 2022, 20:30

Above.

Having seen the majority of the remakes of He Man since the original 80s version, most of them suck compared to the original IMO, particularly Masters of the Universe: Revolution that was on Netflix last year.

Thoughts?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Post by belsammael » 17 Dec 2022, 23:13

I enjoyed the original series at the time, and Skeletor is stil a cult classic villain.

The 2003 series I couldn't really get into, especially not when it was discontinued after two seasons, leaving any plot unresolved.

As for the two series that came out on Netflix recently.. While I didn't enjoy the CGI and re-use of animation (ironic, given the show's origins..), it kinda grew on me... in a sense that I wanted to watch it to completion; or well, as complete as it's gotten so far, since there's clearly another season coming...

I enjoyed Masters of the Universe; it was a nice journey back to the Eternia of the old days, without bringing us yet another reboot. Mark Hamill was a great Skeletor, and it was nice to see a deeper exploration of some of the lore; hoping we'll get a new season of that soon. :)
No one ever listens to Zathras.