Does anyone know the Boom Battle Bar in Sheffield?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Nov 2022, 11:36

Above.

It's where the Taekwondo Christmas do's being held on the 17th of December, I've just Googled it and it looks good, American Pool, Axe throwing, Shuffleboard, Augmented Reality Darts and Karaoke.

Has anyone been and can give me a review of the drinks prices and stuff? Seeing as I refuse on principle to pay more than 3 and half quid a pint even at Town prices...

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 29 Nov 2022, 23:13

I know where it is but haven't been in yet. Hoping to persuade my Sword Training Club to have a night out in there.

Don't know if I will be able to go in any time soon, but if I do, I'll post some prices for you, but I'm guessing that they won't be cheap.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Nov 2022, 09:10

Ojisama wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 23:13
I know where it is but haven't been in yet. Hoping to persuade my Sword Training Club to have a night out in there.

Don't know if I will be able to go in any time soon, but if I do, I'll post some prices for you, but I'm guessing that they won't be cheap.

£16.50 says Mr S, I have a £20 note in my wallet, I'll pay him tonight.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Dec 2022, 12:29

I reckon the augmented reality Darts might be a bit safer than Axe throwing lol.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 05 Dec 2022, 10:59

£70 to have a go at Axe throwing.

As expected, beer is not the cheapest. As far as I could tell, prices range from about £4.50 to £6.

I didn't see it, but my wife says she saw a sign for "Pizza and a Pint £9"
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 10 Dec 2022, 15:46

Looks like I'll be on the J2Os or a coffee then.

Mr S says the £16.50 covers Crazier Golf and Pong as well as the Axe throwing, although to be honest I might skip that bit on safety grounds, I'm sure it'd give Dad nightmares.