Passed my Karate grading a few weeks ago

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Nov 2022, 16:55

Yeah if I pass for a blue belt, the gradings reduce to twice a year, every 6 months, so I wouldn't go for red stripe till next June, and then if by some miracle I pass that, red belt at the pre-Christmas grading next year.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

KarateKa83
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by KarateKa83 » 28 Nov 2022, 17:15

You'll do fine dude. Just keep on going and keep on training, I absolutely love karate to the point that my obsession is unhealthy :lol: j/k of course

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Dec 2022, 16:20

Turns out I'm not going for blue on Sunday, and not till at least around mid to late March next year.

Although to be honest I don't mind, given that I don't get paid from work till the 22nd, paying the £33 for the grading would've been tricky anyway.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

KarateKa83
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by KarateKa83 » 06 Dec 2022, 10:57

Plus it gives you that extra time to practice, my brown belt test should be April off next year, that being said I'll be in Japan in March and as a result I'll be missing lessons, but hey at least I'll be in the birthplace of Karate. Oh and it's going to be humid, I'm definitely not looking forward to that part