Asking for a friend of mine - Does anyone know a good Martial Arts class in Sheffield suitable for a 2 year old?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Asking for a friend of mine - Does anyone know a good Martial Arts class in Sheffield suitable for a 2 year old?

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Sep 2022, 13:45

Above.

My support team leader wants to sign her toddler son up for an MA class in Sheffield, but he's not 2 till November the 14th.

Does anyone know any good classes for Karate or Taekwondo who teach kids that young? I'd ask my Taekwondo teacher but because Laura knows me, and is my support leader, it wouldn't be appropriate as they're not allowed to mix with me outside their official capacity as support staff.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Sep 2022, 15:48

I'll be guessing no.

We don't take any younger than 5/6, and at the moment our youngest is about 8. If there aren't a few of the same age, it can be really difficult for them to fit in. Also, their bones are still forming so any prolonged physical activity can be bad for them. They would need a very experienced trainer.

I'll message our senior trainer to see if he knows anybody.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Sep 2022, 16:14

Ojisama wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 15:48
I'll be guessing no.

We don't take any younger than 5/6, and at the moment our youngest is about 8. If there aren't a few of the same age, it can be really difficult for them to fit in. Also, their bones are still forming so any prolonged physical activity can be bad for them. They would need a very experienced trainer.

I'll message our senior trainer to see if he knows anybody.

I'm sure you're right, the insurance for teaching a 2 year old would be a nightmare for a start, if they were to get hurt, and they probably would at that age, the Parents would have a fit.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Sep 2022, 16:48

I've just heard back, and the answer is a resounding no.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Sep 2022, 17:36

Ojisama wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 16:48
I've just heard back, and the answer is a resounding no.

I knew it would be but thanks for asking :<3: