Anyone know a cheap way to get from Sheffield to Leeds on an open return tomorrow morning?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Anyone know a cheap way to get from Sheffield to Leeds on an open return tomorrow morning?

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Sep 2022, 12:29

Above.

Just booked 2 tickets for the Royal Armouries in Leeds on Eventbrite (fortunately they were free so it doesn't matter if we don't actually get) however I've just looked on Trainline.com and 2 open return tickets from Sheffield on the 10.45's about £17 (Pardon? I tried to book a return last month and return was just over half that!)

So a couple of hours ago I managed to book on Northern Trains, the same journey, open return Sheffield to Leeds and back on the 10.45, £7.30 with my disabled railcard for 2 adults, less than half the price quoted on Trainline this morning.

To save me doing another topic on more or less the same thing, how far is it from Leeds Station to the Royal Armouries? Walking distance (bear in mind I'm disabled) or should I book a Taxi?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)