MCM Con

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Leo Mark Radomir
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

MCM Con

Post by Leo Mark Radomir » 24 May 2022, 09:51

I'm normally end up on my own so i thought it would be nice if someone or people would like to come with me. 

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

MCM Con

Post by Ojisama » 24 May 2022, 11:46

Sorry, it's not on my list for this year.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

MCM Con

Post by Elgood81 » 29 May 2022, 20:53

I wanted to go but I couldn’t get time off work or a ticket so this is the first year post covid that I’ve missed one

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

MCM Con

Post by Ojisama » 29 May 2022, 23:22

@Ferefire and @LikkleMel were there. I've seen their picture on FB
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Leo Mark Radomir
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

MCM Con

Post by Leo Mark Radomir » 30 May 2022, 22:30

I was pretty disappointed with the mcm this year sure comics and books are nice but I wish there was more going on, apparently though a a lot of then vendors didn't want to come which is a shame.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

MCM Con

Post by LikkleMel » 30 May 2022, 22:40

Leo Mark Radomir wrote:
30 May 2022, 22:30
I was pretty disappointed with the mcm this year sure comics and books are nice but I wish there was more going on, apparently though a a lot of then vendors didn't want to come which is a shame.
I would've met up with you if I knew haha! But yes I agree the vendors were deffo a shame I put money aside to spend, but only spent like 20% of it. I knew most of the dealers there as they come to our events, but they could've sold more tables and there were tables actually spare because people didn't show up.

This is more of a in deph knowledge as I was speaking to people apparently MCM on the dealers' side is ran by two people who are in America and they only told most dealers 3 weeks before the event they actually had a table. Considering most artist style dealers need to actually create their stock was struggling and some have to order theirs in. They could've had more, I found the "premium booths" to be lackluster, no offense to the dealers who come to ours who had them, but I know most people won't pay up to £1,000 for a booth. I was disappointed the only main booth was Genshin Impact and Paramoint+ for Halo. No PlayStation and tbh not much doctor who stuff which I was expecting. I just went to the "Exploding Kittens" stall, and most of the AL traders really. My main favorite buy was a Huggy Wuggy from Crios :)

I will also be honest the anime stuff on display to buy was the same. Same plushies, same figure etc. Tokyo Toys were there, but I fidn they overprice their stuff. A anime keyring for £10 when I can go to an artist and support them and buy it for £3 yes I'll do that thank you!
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~