I published a book

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

DJJonny
Great Britain

Achievements

I published a book

Post by DJJonny » 24 Mar 2022, 20:33

Hello everyone, been a while since I came on, and the first thing I do is shill my book haha. I only just found out a few days ago that I can give it away for free (kindle version) for up to five days in every 90. At this point I just want to know whether I wasted my time writing it Image
Le novel is an autobiographical journal about a man named Daniel Robert Carter, a man who is rather quickly losing everything that makes him him, his memories, his personality, his mind are quite literally being lost. He discovered a long time ago that he had the ability to slow down time, in short order he discovers that he can also teleport, or 'jump' to anywhere he wants, which includes alternative realities (he found that out by mistake). I will admit, quite a few cliche tropes are inserted, like an Earth where humanity did not develop beyond primitive cavemen, several Earths where nuclear war occurred, a world where sentient Androids existed but were used as forced labour so, a Time Agency Earth, and just a similar Earth where he could go on holiday without any negative repercussions coming back on him if his powers were discovered. Oh, and also an Earth where the #1 form of entertainment was anime.

So, before he loses everything he is in a mad panic trying to write it all down (the important bits anyhow) so his future self can relearn who he once was. Also yes, I know the title is a tad bit risque, but it got a few chuckles from people and it sums up the ultimate message will be (I hope it will do), trying to do the right thing and save everyone is somewhat hopeless when no matter what you do, you can just visit another reality where you failed. When you are bit a pebble holding back the tide, how long would you last before giving in? Sorry for being so long winded, if this looooong post interests you then the link is here, thank you Image

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B091R4JC15

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

I published a book

Post by Purplegems3 » 25 Mar 2022, 13:42

Just brought it