Next year

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Jackthewolf
Great Britain

Achievements

Next year

Post by Jackthewolf » 15 Dec 2021, 03:29

Hey does anyone know if what's gone on with this dumb vote thing with the new varient if it's going to effect anything next year I really hope not

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Next year

Post by Ferefire » 15 Dec 2021, 03:44

Jackthewolf wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 03:29
Hey does anyone know if what's gone on with this dumb vote thing with the new varient if it's going to effect anything next year I really hope not
I assume you're referring to AL Events for next year?

From our end we will be aiming to run as many events as possible. We also have several backup plans (let's not call this "plan b" :p ) in case things go south. This varies from, worst case scenario if there is another lockdown, postponing cons and running more Virtual events for the first half of the year (as per 2021) to enforcing rule of six/masks/vaccine passports if legally required (as we did in July at Liverpool before restrictions were taken off) to simply business as usual (as per the later half of 2021) abeit with increased hygiene and precautions in place.

tldr; too early to say, but I can guarantee you we'll do our best to run within the law at the time. My personal view is that Omicron won't prove to be nearly as bad as people think and we should be back to mostly business as usual by February.
---

Jackthewolf
Great Britain

Achievements

Next year

Post by Jackthewolf » 15 Dec 2021, 03:47

Oh good I am glad to hear I don't want to worry its just I had so much fun at Manchester that I am actually going to London and Manchester next year

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Next year

Post by Ferefire » 15 Dec 2021, 03:50

Jackthewolf wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 03:47
Oh good I am glad to hear I don't want to worry its just I had so much fun at Manchester that I am actually going to London and Manchester next year
Worst case scenario you'd see those two events simply postponed to later in the year and any tickets you get would be valid for the revised dates (the Manchester event you attended in October was scheduled for April 2021 originally for example). However, I don't honestly see it at this stage.
---