Emplyer Red Flags [general questions and experience]

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Dangerous_D
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Dangerous_D » 19 Mar 2021, 03:29

I got out of security the year before, it took me 2 years and being shot down at 5 other properties before landing the Slot Tech position

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 19 Mar 2021, 23:18

Dangerous_D wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 03:29
I got out of security the year before, it took me 2 years and being shot down at 5 other properties before landing the Slot Tech position
That sounds like it sucked hard. It really sends mixed signals though.

A former co-worker of mine is currently having a battle with the company we both worked for. She is pregnant (and is a high risk pregnancy) and has a doctors note stating that she has restrictions etc. They are threatening to fire her because she is "moving too slow" and "looks sick". :? :? This job is unionized so they cant just fire her, but she also wont call the union. I keep telling her that she needs to call and report this stuff. They have recently been telling her that she should just quit so that way she can come back to the company at a later time. No one ever goes back to that company.
Another of my former co-workers at the company is also being treated poorly. She is also pregnant (i guess its good i left when I did because they are all getting pregnant) and also has restrictions. They once suspended her for not doing something she couldnt do.....

I wish that people would take the union seriously. A lot of these things would stop happening if they would get the union involved. Im not saying that the union is for everyone, but I see why this particular company is unionized.

Dangerous_D
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Dangerous_D » 26 Mar 2021, 02:08

the problem with the property I was at was there was a lot of turn around and I heard horror stories from other team members who transferred out of there, too much favoritism, they didn't like me cause I had more experience than the people who were the butt kissers, and I also had a lot of certificates of Recognition from the people at corporate, they didn't like me going over there head when I would reach out those I knew in higher places

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 26 Mar 2021, 02:21

You were a threat. That kind of thing happens all the time. Its absolute trash.

Dangerous_D
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Dangerous_D » 27 Mar 2021, 03:32

I haven't been able to get my job back with them since after September

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 27 Mar 2021, 22:04

that doesn't mean you weren't a threat to them.

DJ Karl Marx
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by DJ Karl Marx » 02 Apr 2021, 15:59

One red flag i noticed when I was working in retail:

An assistant manager would set up a baby mattress in the warehouse and either take naps there or have relations with women in the store. He was also gifted the position because he was married to a regional manager's daughter. He would consistently butt in when I was helping somewhat attractive customers and try to take over, telling me to get back to stocking shelves.

Why yes, it WAS Wal-mart, how did you know?

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 02 Apr 2021, 16:01

DJ Karl Marx wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 15:59
One red flag i noticed when I was working in retail:

An assistant manager would set up a baby mattress in the warehouse and either take naps there or have relations with women in the store. He was also gifted the position because he was married to a regional manager's daughter. He would consistently butt in when I was helping somewhat attractive customers and try to take over, telling me to get back to stocking shelves.

Why yes, it WAS Wal-mart, how did you know?

oh WOW lol