A Portable Museum

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

A Portable Museum

Post by Expendable » 21 Jul 2020, 03:29

Everyone has their own hobbies, interests and experiences. And with the Pandemic, many of those hobbies and interests became very important to us, as there was little else we could do, sheltered in our homes. Some of us, however, have children or have friends and relations who do.And those children had to shelter at home as well, some of them having birthdays and going to school online.

While things are improving elsewhere, it may be months before I'm allowed back in my cubical, and months before children return to school. 

So I got to thinking - if one of my relations asked me to give a virtual talk to my niece's classmates, what sort of thing or things could I share with them?

Something I've run into before is the concept of the Portable Museum - basically a traveling exhibit that packs up in a person's car (or a trailer) that they can then set up someplace to share this museum with others. 

So I have to wonder, if you were asked to put together a portable museum to give a lecture to children, what would you want to share with them?