Forums are Upgraded to Phpbb3 - Info Topic & Report Issues Here

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Faithy
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Faithy » 13 May 2020, 04:30

Another quick question because I just clicked on a link. Is there a setting in your profile/userboard thingy where you click on something that enables links to open in another tab/window instead of the tab you're currently on?

Does that make sense? O_O I am beginning to think my sensemaking is lacking.

I just ask because I have a bad [SUPER BAD] habit of clicking the close window after viewing a link I clicked on and if it continues to open in the same tab as AL, I will be constantly closing AL on accident and having to reopen it. If it's how it is, I will deal, but thought I'd ask anyways.

EDIT

Also, question about CN. Right now it's showing two YN links instead of the one on the old forum that once you click, then shows the child forum, which is the YN roleplaying forum thingy. I was just curious if the two links will be merged into one or if it'll remain the same. Please see pics!

SANKS

No time for fakers.

Sphere
Veteran Member
Malaysia

Achievements

Post by Sphere » 13 May 2020, 05:13

Question: In Clan Nation, are you only meant to see the Clan's you're in + RP Nation and Clan Sign Ups? - this is on Mobile View btw

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 13 May 2020, 08:35

Faithy wrote:
12 May 2020, 23:37
Well, that sucks. I really liked my rankbar...

Dislike this move 100%
PM Mel, she still has the old ranks and can upload the ones that people want :)
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 13 May 2020, 08:42

Faithy wrote:
13 May 2020, 04:30
Also, question about CN. Right now it's showing two YN links instead of the one on the old forum that once you click, then shows the child forum, which is the YN roleplaying forum thingy. I was just curious if the two links will be merged into one or if it'll remain the same. Please see pics!
fixed this

Sphere wrote:
13 May 2020, 05:13
Question: In Clan Nation, are you only meant to see the Clan's you're in + RP Nation and Clan Sign Ups? - this is on Mobile View btw
As far as I’m aware, that’s how it’s meant to be, but if any clan leaders wanted their clans to be public they’re free to message me or Mel. :)
@MelodiqueArt

Sphere
Veteran Member
Malaysia

Achievements

Post by Sphere » 13 May 2020, 09:12

GraceMellody wrote:
13 May 2020, 08:42

Sphere wrote:
13 May 2020, 05:13
As far as I’m aware, that’s how it’s meant to be, but if any clan leaders wanted their clans to be public they’re free to message me or Mel. :)

Okie! Just wanted to double confirm :D

Faithy
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Faithy » 13 May 2020, 16:36

GraceMellody wrote:
13 May 2020, 08:42
Faithy wrote:
13 May 2020, 04:30
fixed this

You rock! Thanks so much! :D
No time for fakers.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 13 May 2020, 20:57

I can't see or maybe can't find how to do this but can you still change your own username? It's getting frustrating trying to find out how and turning up empty.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 13 May 2020, 21:42

Emotive wrote:
13 May 2020, 20:57
I can't see or maybe can't find how to do this but can you still change your own username? It's getting frustrating trying to find out how and turning up empty.

If you go to your profile there should be a "User Control Panel" in the corner where your cover photo is. If you could check that be good, I'm unsure if we are still doing the free change your username or doing something else with it :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 13 May 2020, 21:59

My username is grayed out and doesn't do anything when I click on it. I've looked in that AL Points thing and I don't see anything you can really use those on. I mean like anything. I'm not sure what that lottery thing is either, but I'm assuming it's for more AL points?

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 13 May 2020, 22:15

Emotive wrote:
13 May 2020, 21:59
My username is grayed out and doesn't do anything when I click on it. I've looked in that AL Points thing and I don't see anything you can really use those on. I mean like anything. I'm not sure what that lottery thing is either, but I'm assuming it's for more AL points?
Normal users don't have permissions to change username right now, so you won't be able to change it but i'm not sure why you can't view your User Control Panel.. I can't see anything on your account which would prevent you from being able to view the UCP, can you take a screenshot of where you're clicking then we can see what you mean by grayed out?
Here's a direct link for now, this should work: ucp.php

Yes, Lottery tickets allow you to win more points.
@MelodiqueArt

Faithy
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Faithy » 13 May 2020, 22:21

Will that be an option later? Changing our usernames? :O
No time for fakers.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 13 May 2020, 22:32

Faithy wrote:
13 May 2020, 22:21
Will that be an option later? Changing our usernames? :O

It'll be advanced users. To change user names
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 13 May 2020, 22:39

Very quick one here @Faithy and @Emotive

So, we're still reconfiguring everything. Going forward it'll be Advanced Members (which costs 5,000 AP also gives you a coloured rank bar of your choice), Elite Members (20,000 AP gives you admin/hmod style rank bar) and VIP Members (50,000 AP Custom rank bar) and anyone who is a moderator who will be able to change their username at any time. I'm going to be shortly re-enabling username changes to mod, hmods and admins now.

As mentioned prior, I'm going to be writing up a topic tomorrow that'll explain how the new Rank system will operate. We will be aiming to transfer all AP over with a cap of 50k (as there's some members who have silly amounts that are clearly not correct) over. You'll then be able to reclaim what your old rank bar was worth back as additional AP. Once that's done, you can then use that AP to rebuy what you're looking for. Hope that makes sense?

As a note, one of the features of Elite and VIP members will be the option to change your rank bar once every one month for free (provided you provide a suitable image in the case of VIP custom bars). So whatever custom bar you have, you could request a new one a month later. This will be one of the new perks of the new system that we have in place. We will also be looking at a few other perks to add.
---

Faithy
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Faithy » 13 May 2020, 22:52

Not complaining here, I promise, but I can't just have my old rank bar instead of getting money back for it to try and find one I like? :|

Now I am REALLY regretting giving away my AL points... way back .. Feh.
No time for fakers.

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 13 May 2020, 23:02

Faithy wrote:
13 May 2020, 22:52
Not complaining here, I promise, but I can't just have my old rank bar instead of getting money back for it to try and find one I like? :|
That depends, did you pay originally for your custom rank bar?
---