What's Your Occupation?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Re: What's Your Occupation?

Post by Elgood81 » 16 Jan 2020, 22:02

PortgasDAce wrote:Cool. :) Do you have fun wrestling?

yeah, i've been training now for 8 years. I debuted on the circuit last year. I'm still very green compared to other guys in the indies so i don't get many bookings outside my home promotion of Falling Starr Wrestling or FSW for short but my FSW bookings are quite regular. My next booking is this weekend. i'm booked to compete in a rumble match but it's going to be royal rumble style with 20 wrestlers. the match starts off with 2 guys in the ring and then every 90 seconds another wrestler enters the match untill all 20 have entered. the winner is the last guy standing and gets a shot at the FSW championship. To win you have to eliminate the others by throwing them over the top rope so that both their feet hit the floor.

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 17 Jan 2020, 09:56

Test Laboratory Manager
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 21 Jan 2020, 03:43

Elgood81 wrote:yeah, i've been training now for 8 years. I debuted on the circuit last year. I'm still very green compared to other guys in the indies so i don't get many bookings outside my home promotion of Falling Starr Wrestling or FSW for short but my FSW bookings are quite regular. My next booking is this weekend. i'm booked to compete in a rumble match but it's going to be royal rumble style with 20 wrestlers. the match starts off with 2 guys in the ring and then every 90 seconds another wrestler enters the match untill all 20 have entered. the winner is the last guy standing and gets a shot at the FSW championship. To win you have to eliminate the others by throwing them over the top rope so that both their feet hit the floor.

That sounds crazy! O_O
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 21 Jan 2020, 03:44

Moulders wrote:Test Laboratory Manager

That sounds like an interesting job.
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

Dangerous_D
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Dangerous_D » 26 Jan 2020, 22:01

got out of Security after 18 years, now working as a slot Utility Tech. hopefully within a year I'll be able to move into a full tech

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 27 Jan 2020, 18:46

Dangerous_D wrote:got out of Security after 18 years, now working as a slot Utility Tech. hopefully within a year I'll be able to move into a full tech

Cool.^^
 Yang Wen-Li.

Dangerous_D
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Dangerous_D » 28 Jan 2020, 00:46

PortgasDAce wrote:Cool.^^

it's nice working 4 10 hour days, trying to adjust to the shift 4am to 2pm off Friday Saturday Sunday

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 28 Jan 2020, 21:17

Dangerous_D wrote:it's nice working 4 10 hour days, trying to adjust to the shift 4am to 2pm off Friday Saturday Sunday

10 hour shifts sound tough. I think the longest I've worked is 7 hours.
 Yang Wen-Li.

Bear
Shadow Member
Shadow Member
Great Britain

Post by Bear » 28 Jan 2020, 22:21

I drill tiny holes in things.
Wooooooobwoobwoobwoobwoob (\/) (°W°) (\/)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."
-Leonard Nimoy 26/3/1938 - 27/2/2015

Leaf

Post by Leaf » 16 Feb 2020, 20:16

I'm a housekeeper & artist. Other information explaining about that is private, I apologize.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 16 Feb 2020, 22:09

I love the variety of jobs you guys have. I have no idea where I'll end up.
 Yang Wen-Li.

TheStevieJ
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheStevieJ » 16 Feb 2020, 22:28

I'm currently working as an IT Second line engineer in London :)

z1oc

Post by z1oc » 24 Feb 2020, 07:09

I work as a Project manager and Part-time Sys admin. Working my way to full-time Sys admin

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 27 Feb 2020, 21:16

Nice.
 Yang Wen-Li.

Mirkling
Great Britain

Post by Mirkling » 08 Mar 2020, 03:37

pro nerd