What your plans for today

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 Nov 2022, 17:30

Ojisama wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 17:27
richardallen1976 wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 07:45
Sort some rota related stuff out with Laura, and then pop to CEX to try and get a new video camera, and O2 for a new phone.

And possibly the Banker's Draft or McDonald's for lunch.

The Bankers Draft? Is Laura your personal bodyguard?

No lol, on the contrary, as I'm a blue stripe in Taekwondo, I'd be hers :D

3 weeks yesterday is the mock grading to hopefully go for blue belt just over a week later.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 13 Nov 2022, 18:36

My day is over. I had to work for 10hrs and now I get to relax.

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 Nov 2022, 18:54

10 hours? On a Sunday? I hope you got double time for that!
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Shounen-Recycled
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Shounen-Recycled » 13 Nov 2022, 19:53

Didn’t make any because I’m reckless. Let’s see where this goes!
ImageCHEESY PASTA....LETS GO

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 13 Nov 2022, 23:22

Book Lily in at the vets for her annual shots. Book a haircut (I haven't decided which one yet). Get out of the way while my beloved clears the decks ready for Xmas decorating. (All the bags and boxes came down out of the loft today)
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 14 Nov 2022, 10:26

I was supposed to be working today, but following several phone calls/emails, nobody knows anything about it, I wouldn't mind but it was "confirmed" last week that there's a meeting today!

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 15 Nov 2022, 11:15

Washing machine is on. Tonight's dinner is in the slow cooker. All that's left is the weekly shopping.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Nov 2022, 11:20

Phone calls and emails so far this morning, I've got a coffee on the go, due to a sparring session up at Ebenezer Church in Walkley on Saturday, I've had to cancel a Theatre trip, I would've tried to get out of the sparring but Mr S has told everybody that's blue stripe or above (like me) that sparring is a compulsory part of grading, and I'd like to go for blue belt at the pre-Christmas grading next month.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Nov 2022, 16:46

Well I got back from the sparring session about an hour and half ago, I survived most of the full 2 hours.

Comic con in Hull tomorrow, military planning as usual to ensure no aspect of the day goes wrong, including double checking that the Trains aren't on strike.

Might have a shower and a shave after tea, to save time tomorrow morning.

Meeting Laura at the Train station at 9.30 for a 10.07 Train, coming back on the 15.30 from Hull so we've got about 3 and half hours at the event.

Leave around 15.15, short Taxi ride (according to Google Maps it's about a mile and half from the venue to the Station) and then hop on a Sheffield bound Train.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Nov 2022, 20:42

Just had a coffee, time to shut the PC down and go up for a shower and a shave.

I'll do a double entry on my Blog after comic con tomorrow.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 21 Nov 2022, 15:49

Taking #2 son to have his hair cut. Sword training tonight.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Nov 2022, 16:04

Got to Hull yesterday morning, jumped in a Taxi to the Bonus Arena (turns out we could've quite easily walked it, it was literally round the corner! D'oh!) no major problems all day apart from the minor issue that the battery died on my camera so I had to use my phone to take pics.

We walked back to the Train Station after spending about 2 hours at the event, went for a coffee at the Station and went for the 15.30 back to Sheffield.

Got to Sheffield at 17.02, waited for a Taxi on the rank, got one, £7.50 fare because most of the roads in Town were shut for the Xmas light switch on? Pardon?!

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 21 Nov 2022, 16:28

richardallen1976 wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 16:04
Got to Hull yesterday morning, jumped in a Taxi to the Bonus Arena (turns out we could've quite easily walked it, it was literally round the corner! D'oh!) no major problems all day apart from the minor issue that the battery died on my camera so I had to use my phone to take pics.

We walked back to the Train Station after spending about 2 hours at the event, went for a coffee at the Station and went for the 15.30 back to go to Sheffield.

Got to Sheffield at 17.02, waited for a Taxi on the rank, got one, £7.50 fare because most of the roads in Town were shut for the Xmas light switch on? Pardon?!

I told back at the start of the month that the switch On was scheduled for the 20th.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=132058

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Nov 2022, 17:27

Ojisama wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 16:28
richardallen1976 wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 16:04

We walked back to the Train Station after spending about 2 hours at the event, went for a coffee at the Station and went for the 15.30 back to go to Sheffield.

I told back at the start of the month that the switch On was scheduled for the 20th.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=132058

Yeah I know you did, and we would normally have come back on the 14.30 Train to get back in time to avoid it all, but I fancied a coffee and there wasn't another Train till an hour later.

Shounen-Recycled
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Shounen-Recycled » 22 Nov 2022, 11:45

It’s my Birthday so only really cool stuff
ImageCHEESY PASTA....LETS GO