What your plans for today

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 14 Mar 2023, 08:12

Social services review (which will probably get rather ugly) and a quick trip to Town if there's time to sell a camera at CEX. Tomorrow's even busier, Dentist, then a Hospital appointment about my forthcoming Cochlear implant op plus getting new hearing aid fitted, they want me to wear a hearing aid in my right ear so I can hear for the temporary time the implant doesn't fully work apparently, I wouldn't mind but they've been trying to get me to wear 2 hearing aids since the mid to late 80s and I've refused due to bullying at school and college.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 14 Mar 2023, 13:45

Sorting out #1 son with his car service, (Dad's Taxi service to & from the garage). Shopping. shopping, shopping.

Tomorrow is my own car service, but since they have free wi-fi, and a free coffee machine, and comfy sofas, I will take a tablet and read some manga while I wait.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 14 Mar 2023, 18:40

It's pouring rain here. I can't go anywhere cuz I'm scared the bus will get stuck.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 14 Mar 2023, 18:58

Well predictably the social services "review" DID get rather heated this morning because of some numpty who's never met me wanting me to literally cut the majority of ties to my Parents and spend a LOT more time at the Flat, even to the extent of support staff taking me to TKD on a Sunday and a Wednesday instead of Dad! No, no, and did I mention, no? There were other issues as well which I'll go into on my journal after tea.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 16 Mar 2023, 17:28

NCAA basketball all day. Actually, until like Monday. Then a break .

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Mar 2023, 14:06

Lots of collections and deliveries this morning.

Laura's on her way, and we can have a chat about a few bits in her capacity as a manager.

TKD mock grading tomorrow.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 18 Mar 2023, 00:24

Carry on looking after my poorly wife, and organise stuff for Mother's Day

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Mar 2023, 08:38

Shazam 2 at 10.30 at the Odeon ( I just hope the support boy isn't late)

Mock grading at 14.00 at Forge Valley.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Mar 2023, 14:47

Just got back from the mock, and I think it's an automatic fail because Sir didn't tell me or Dad to bring the sparring set! I wouldn't mind but I did everything else right.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 18 Mar 2023, 18:26

Well, we always tell our pupils to bring a full set of equipment to every lesson, and even if it was a "mock" grading, sparring is a given.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Mar 2023, 18:35

Ojisama wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 18:26
Well, we always tell our pupils to bring a full set of equipment to every lesson, and even if it was a "mock" grading, sparring is a given.

I'm sure he actually said AGES ago that from blue stripe, sparring is mandatory, but of course that was 6 months almost to the day ago, even I can't remember that far back!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Mar 2023, 19:29

Ojisama wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 18:26

In the extremely unlikely event he says I can do the proper grading, I'll definitely take the sparring stuff to that.

Even though Dad will object profusely.

He was pretty "meh" about it this afternoon.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 26 Mar 2023, 16:34

Tomorrow, I will be putting together the bistro set we just bought, and then I have sword training in the evening. Hopefully this virus will have subsided enough by then.

#2 son is taking part in a charity e-sports comp tomorrow evening, so I hope all goes well for him.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Mar 2023, 19:47

Well predictably it was no for the grading, otherwise I'd have been a bit since.

Oh well, maybe the June/July one.

Mr S is away this weekend, it's his 40th on Monday, someone else is taking the classes though so it's all still on.

I'm still hoping to attend this year's Lincolnshire Championships in Grantham, even if I'm still on blue stripe.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Mar 2023, 07:01

Final work on the Batman and Robin project this morning, and then planning the next project, which might be Shazam flying.