Overrated!!!!

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Servo
Standard Member

Achievements

Overrated!!!!

Post by Servo » 20 Jul 2019, 15:37

"The main female protagonist is strong and doesn't need no man to protect her"

while describing an anime an acquaintance of mine said the above mentioned words. So in a nutshell what I am to gather from this is that strong women don't need a man's protection. I don't have anything against the thought though cause everyone is free to believe whatever the want to but lets look at the other side of the coin.

"Strong men does not need a women's protection"

But what about the time when we are toddlers? or lets go farther back when we are under our mother's womb. Either way you look at it both statements are flawed. And no matter how strong a women is there will always be a man stronger than her. In recent the we have seen whole world become much more polar than before. As a result religion is overrated, Liberalism is overrated, Patriotism is overrated ( you see those intelligence agencies conduct atrocious crime sin other countries in name of patriotism for their own country ) Sexism is overrated, Fandom is overrated ( One Piece and fairy Tail fans come on !!!) , even Servo is overrated ( Really meh).

So I pose this question now do u really think that it is mere coincidence that we have no just one type of polarization in world but there are many. I believe not, to know what is happening you only need to see a war based anime. How masses are emotionally blackmailed by only a handful to further their own agendas.
There is more to it but before writing more I want to hear from you guys on this topic

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Re: Overrated!!!!

Post by unoduetre » 20 Jul 2019, 15:40

I don't know if this is a serious thread or not. Is it?

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 20 Jul 2019, 15:44

It points out anything can be argued to be a flawed concept or idea. But should it?
本好きの下剋上

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 20 Jul 2019, 15:55

I mean, if this is a serious thread, I will post seriously in it, otherwise I can post memes. :P

Servo
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by Servo » 20 Jul 2019, 18:08

It is a serious topic [mention=107568]unoduetre[/mention]

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 20 Jul 2019, 21:06

i'm so confused by this thread

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 20 Jul 2019, 21:31

I get confused whenever Servo opens his keyboard

Servo
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by Servo » 21 Jul 2019, 03:55

I dont think its how things work it is how they are planned to work, recently there has been a shift in Europe's politics towards rightist and conservative parties. Building people opinion through media and so called free social media the polarization is being fueled continuously.

Spoiler:  
Rather than a victory for democracy, the European elections, and the responses to the results, show how much populism in general, and the populist radical right in particular, has become mainstreamed and normalised. We find it normal that a neo-Nazi party is the third biggest party in a member state, that a populist radical right wins more than half of the vote in non-democratic elections, and that the populist radical right is the biggest party in several EU member states. We celebrate that “the majority has voted for pro-European parties”. We ignore that turnout in one in five member states was (well) below one-third of eligible voters.
By Cas Mudde , Guardian US columnist

as we may continue to believe things are fine , well they are not. I have many thngs to say on this subject but it seems the community here is not interested

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 21 Jul 2019, 09:31

[mention=114910]Servo[/mention]

Hmm, I just wanted to post in this thread, but it seems you've left AL.

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 25 Jul 2019, 09:34

Hah, yeah well there is a certain elegance to such a symmetry of the situation.

In the beginning and end of life we thrive under the protection of the female.

The middle part we thrive under the protection of the male.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus