Summer Greetings

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Summer Greetings

Post by Fate » 18 Jun 2019, 19:35

Schools out as of today for some time for the sun.
The Vacations have begun.
Unfortunately for some they still jobs to run.
So Question is what are your plans this Summer for fun?

Thank you Thank you I'll be here all week... maybe
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Re: Summer Greetings

Post by Elgood81 » 18 Jun 2019, 20:17

well lets see, i've got LAGC. I'm there on the saturday. Then it's my youngest brothers stag do. (it's going to be messy) then HyperJapan, there on the saturday again, after that it's my youngest brothers wedding in august and NAGC.

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 18 Jun 2019, 20:20

Got CAGC in August hopefully, moving house at some point as well which isn't really that fun though

Luffynatsu87
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Luffynatsu87 » 18 Jun 2019, 22:38

Well i hoping the weather improves as summer is nothing but rain rain rain at the minute

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 19 Jun 2019, 02:49

We don't really have anything planned yet, it will all have to depend on if there is a lot of wildfire smoke or not. I can't risk taking the girls outside if there is but hopefully we can do frequent park visits in the mornings on my days off and I'd love to get some hiking in this summer. Also I'm hoping to have guen start learning how to swim since she loves playing in the water.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 19 Jun 2019, 17:52

I'm mostly going to stay indoors in the summer cause outside lacks AC. Probably going to just be doing prototyping for random projects... some of those I might even finish...

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 20 Jun 2019, 06:13

Sadly work is all I have planned, I can't really take time off in the summer months :(
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 20 Jun 2019, 09:50

I was thinking about taking a tour of the various old regimental headquarters to see the captured French Eagles. Perhaps visit Blenheim palace.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

NataliaJulia
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by NataliaJulia » 20 Jun 2019, 21:14

My cousin will stay at mine for a month. His mother told me "speak English 24/24, break him"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59755[/ATTACH]

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 21 Jun 2019, 07:52

Work, work and more work :( Took all my holidays earlier so only have like 5 days to take off till Sept :( :(

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 21 Jun 2019, 20:46

NataliaJulia wrote:My cousin will stay at mine for a month. His mother told me "speak English 24/24, break him"

O.O uhhhhh that can be taken many ways. Lets pray she meant make him fluent lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 21 Jun 2019, 20:47

Pixiedora wrote:Work, work and more work :( Took all my holidays earlier so only have like 5 days to take off till Sept :( :(

Yikes sorry to hear
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 21 Jun 2019, 23:14

NataliaJulia wrote:My cousin will stay at mine for a month. His mother told me "speak English 24/24, break him"

Fate wrote:O.O uhhhhh that can be taken many ways. Lets pray she meant make him fluent lol

I'm thinking she meant speak english 24/7 so that he hasn't a clue whats going on lol

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 22 Jun 2019, 18:35

Elgood81 wrote:I'm thinking she meant speak english 24/7 so that he hasn't a clue whats going on lol

Yes that's it I hope.

Hmm after looking I started the thread but I didn't say anything . I honestly don't have a plan I don't get much free time. We do have a tradition of going to a certain burger joint and an anime arcade after for my birthday so I assume that will be a thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NataliaJulia
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by NataliaJulia » 22 Jun 2019, 22:46

Elgood81 wrote:I'm thinking she meant speak english 24/7 so that he hasn't a clue whats going on lol

Apparently everyone knows, including him. My family thinks my English is perfectly correct. I tried to explain them that I make mistakes all the time...
Eh, I've got all volumes of Tokyo Ghoul. I just tell him to read it and write words he doesn't understand XD Maybe I can make him an Otaku that way :haha: