International Days!

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

International Days!

Post by Teeny » 02 May 2019, 18:23

I was looking to see if anyone had made this thread and I couldn't find one so thought I'd start it.
:D

A thread to celebrate all the world's weird, unknown, fun and bizarre holidays of the year.

I will try to keep it up and find an odd holiday for most days! Or if you know of one on the day, go for it!
(Not sure if this is the appropriate section to post it in but just thought it would maybe give people something to discuss)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Re: International Days!

Post by Teeny » 02 May 2019, 18:24

May 2nd 2019
Today is

International Password Day!
(First Thursday in May)
A day to promote better password habits and protecting yourself, friends & family members online.

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 03 May 2019, 07:55

May 3rd 2019
Today is

International Space Day!
A day to create awareness of the planets in our solar system, stars, moons & beyond!

Paranormal Day!
A day to celebrate the supernatural and to give some thought to things we can't explain. Ghosts, UFOs & other great unknowns.

International Tuba Day!
A day to celebrate this musical instrument and those that play it!

No Pants Day!
Well, a day to not wear pants! A day free from Jeans & Trousers. Let your legs be freeee!

Lumpy Rug Day!
A day to appreciate a nice good, clean, lumpy rug?

Garden Meditation Day!
Go take a break and relax in the garden, if it's not raining!

There's actually quite a few today but these are some of them :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 03 May 2019, 20:00

well you know what tomorrow is right?

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 03 May 2019, 20:02

Elgood81 wrote:well you know what tomorrow is right?

Oh man, thanks for reminding me, I gotta watch Empire.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 03 May 2019, 22:01

Tomorrow is definitely a good day for Star Wars fans :D
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 03 May 2019, 22:46

Sadaku wrote:What's tomorrow supposed to be then? o.0

May the Fourth (be with you)

Tis a pun on the date and Star Wars.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 04 May 2019, 07:29

May 4th 2019

Let's start with the obvious one.

Today is

Star Wars Day!
May the Fourth be with you!
A day for Star Wars fans to celebrate the franchise! Anyone having a Star Wars marathon today?

This will likely be the most celebrated one today, but there are other events going on too!
Others include:-

International Firefighters Day!
A day to show appreciation to firefighters for the service,risk and sacrifices they make to keep us safe.

Alongside Firefighters Day, it is also..

Wildfire Community Preparedness Day!
(First Saturday in May)
A day to educate ourselves on how to prevent wildfires. Things like discarded cigarettes can lead to a devastating impact on the environment.

Some unusual ones...

World Naked Gardening Day!
(First Saturday in May)
I guess the easiest way to celebrate World Naked Gardening Day is explanatory in the title :D
I guarantee you there will be people somewhere in the world doing this today.

Candied Orange Peel Day!
I guess today is the best day to snack on or try this! It's great on cake.

Petite & Proud Day!
(First Saturday in May)
A day for people under 5ft4 (162cm) in height!

These are a few for today :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 04 May 2019, 20:08

Teeny wrote:
May 4th 2019

Let's start with the obvious one.

Today is

Star Wars Day!
May the Fourth be with you!
A day for Star Wars fans to celebrate the franchise! Anyone having a Star Wars marathon today?

yep but I don't have any of the star wars movies on dvd (they belong to my dad so I had to give them back) so instead now that my headache is all but gone, I'll be watching all three of the robot chicken star wars episodes

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 04 May 2019, 20:10

Elgood81 wrote:yep but I don't have any of the star wars movies on dvd (they belong to my dad so I had to give them back) so instead now that my headache is all but gone, I'll be watching all three of the robot chicken star wars episodes

I suppose that still counts as celebrating Star Wars Day! :D
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 04 May 2019, 20:10

It's close enough, still counts!

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 04 May 2019, 20:11

There's always World Naked Gardening Day! :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 04 May 2019, 20:12

lil' illegal here to garden naked :(

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 04 May 2019, 20:35

Damn :(
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Ichigo
United States of America

Post by Ichigo » 05 May 2019, 05:04

It should be International Days everyday...just putting it out there :D
We long for fairy-tales in a world full of nightmares." - unknown