How are you right this second?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by djd001 » 22 May 2023, 21:09

Elgood81 wrote:
22 May 2023, 13:24
I’m gonna have to get used to being single and alone made me feel worthless.
No.
Just no.
You are not worthless, and being single isn't bad, it gives you a sense of self discovery, if you've been in a long term relationship, I've been where you are, doing what you want, when you want, your way is liberating. But you are not alone, we got you online alone.
Get a Mojito in you, and enjoy your holiday. *virtual hugs*

Aching. Last 2 weeks working is taking a toll on my body and concentration levels. As I was doing my time sheet for today I've realised I've Fudged up, and it's going to be an orb ache to put it right tomorrow...
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 May 2023, 08:32

feeling quite tired/drained

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 23 May 2023, 11:17

Well after a customer in work yesterday told a member of my staff that I pretty much need to be sacked I've been feeling pretty shitty since then, especially after I got shown a Facebook post they made saying the exact same thing again.

Applied for another job had had what I think was a pretty good interview less than 24 hours later so fingers crossed I can move on.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 23 May 2023, 13:10

i'm wakin up

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 23 May 2023, 18:45

I am tired but alright

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 23 May 2023, 19:17

today I feel like a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Don’t feel any better but I don’t feel any worse. I’m just worried that I’m gonna start comfort eating again and gain yet more weight. A battle that I’m fighting and currently loosing

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 23 May 2023, 19:38

Elgood81 wrote:
23 May 2023, 19:17
today I feel like a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Don’t feel any better but I don’t feel any worse. I’m just worried that I’m gonna start comfort eating again and gain yet more weight. A battle that I’m fighting and currently loosing

Maybe comfort gaming or something else? Idk. I'm bad with advice usually. Either way, I hope you feel better.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by djd001 » 23 May 2023, 22:10

Snowballs wrote:
23 May 2023, 19:38
Elgood81 wrote:
23 May 2023, 19:17

Maybe comfort gaming or something else? Idk. I'm bad with advice usually. Either way, I hope you feel better.
No you're on it, that's what I do, just losing myself in a virtual world, yes it masks the true feelings for a period, but that is what distraction techniques are, or so my therapist said... but in my experience it slows it down into more manageable pieces, but each person is different.
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 23 May 2023, 23:30

Sorta OK. I've been a bit out of it this week. I think the lack of training is starting to get me down.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 May 2023, 08:16

Annoyed.

Despite extensive efforts, Laura can't find the staff or the hours to attend the Lincolnshire Championships in Grantham next month! Fuck the care sector and the no staff issues!

I wouldn't mind but i gave her like, a month's notice, even though the entries close on Friday so I would've had to pay for the entry tonight.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 24 May 2023, 14:09

hungy

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 May 2023, 16:35

Annoyed (again)

I've just got rejected for that Museum job I applied for last week, probably because I did what I always do and declared my disability issues and fact I can only do very limited hours due to personal circumstances! I wouldn't mind but direct discrimination's supposed to be illegal under the Equality Act.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 24 May 2023, 22:30

richardallen1976 wrote:
24 May 2023, 16:35
Annoyed (again)

I've just got rejected for that Museum job I applied for last week, probably because I did what I always do and declared my disability issues and fact I can only do very limited hours due to personal circumstances! I wouldn't mind but direct discrimination's supposed to be illegal under the Equality Act.

I sympathise with your situation, especially when I am in similar circumstances, but the anti discrimination laws are not a "get a job for free" card. What they are meant for is that if you have two people who are equally suitable for a position, it is illegal to deny the position on the grounds of disability etc.

If you can't fulfil the job requirements, you wont be successful in your applications. If the job requires you to work evenings/nights, and you can't, you wont get the job. If the job is for 8 hour shifts and you can't work more than 4 hours, you won't get the job. If the job is to spend long times standing and walking around, and you can't stay on your feet for more than 30 minutes, you won't get the job. If the job requires working weekends, and you can't work on Saturdays, you won't get the job...and so on.

If you are lucky, you might find a position where the conditions can be changed to fit your circumstances. Yes, declare your circumstances, but also make positive statements about what you CAN do. I used to work with somebody who had trouble being on their feet for more than a couple of hours, so they had their break time broken up into more frequent, shorter ones.

I've worked with partially sighted and partially hearing colleagues, and colleagues with medical conditions that would impact their working time, and they got those positions by being positive and assertive about what they COULD do.

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 25 May 2023, 10:25

I'm in a small of pain due to having bad heartburn.

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 25 May 2023, 11:55

Sweaty! Shower soon.