How did you pick your username?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

How did you pick your username?

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Sep 2018, 12:33

This is something i'd be really interested to see! Obviously i'm quite boring, my username is just my name, but some people have really unique usernames and i'm always curious as to where they come from :)
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Re: How did you pick your username?

Post by Elgood81 » 09 Sep 2018, 13:17

Well mine comes from when I used to play this online RPG Called Fiesta Online. I was sat in my local pub on my laptop trying to pick a good name that wasn't already in use. I was drinking Elgood's Cambridge at the time and since Elgood's is the name of the brewery in the town that i was born in, it just seemed right so Elgood and 81 is the year that I was born.

Nocchi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Nocchi » 09 Sep 2018, 13:21

Mine's from the group Perfume!

Kashiyuka is actually my favourite of the 3 even though I love them all, but Nocchi just looks cool for MMO characters or general usernames hehe
ImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Sep 2018, 13:28

Elgood81 wrote:Well mine comes from when I used to play this online RPG Called Fiesta Online. I was sat in my local pub on my laptop trying to pick a good name that wasn't already in use. I was drinking Elgood's Cambridge at the time and since Elgood's is the name of the brewery in the town that i was born in, it just seemed right so Elgood and 81 is the year that I was born.

Ouhhhh that's so cool! It's nice that it represents both something from your town as well as when you were born <3

Nocchi wrote:Mine's from the group Perfume!

Kashiyuka is actually my favourite of the 3 even though I love them all, but Nocchi just looks cool for MMO characters or general usernames hehe

Yeah Nocchi definitely sounds a lot cooler than Kashiyuka xD I love all of them too I don't even think I have a favourite aaaa
@MelodiqueArt

Nocchi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Nocchi » 09 Sep 2018, 13:33

GraceMellody wrote:Yeah Nocchi definitely sounds a lot cooler than Kashiyuka xD I love all of them too I don't even think I have a favourite aaaa
Yeah, I know what you mean! They all act differently from one another but great together, however I love watching Kashiyuka from their TV shows the most, she has the best reactions!
ImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Sep 2018, 13:42

Nocchi wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean! They all act differently from one another but great together, however I love watching Kashiyuka from their TV shows the most, she has the best reactions!

I haven't watched too much but she definitely does :P
@MelodiqueArt

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 09 Sep 2018, 14:01

Well first off, it's not Bee with an X. It's pronounced BEEKS. It's my cat's name. She died. I used the name before she died though. I joined here in 2013 and she died in 2016. Crap that reminds me, in 9 days I have been here 5 years.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Sep 2018, 14:04

Beex wrote:Well first off, it's not Bee with an X. It's pronounced BEEKS. It's my cat's name. She died. I used the name before she died though. I joined here in 2013 and she died in 2016. Crap that reminds me, in 9 days I have been here 5 years.

Aww omg <3 That's really sweet
Wow, 5 years? I hope i'm still here in 5 years
@MelodiqueArt

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 09 Sep 2018, 14:06

GraceMellody wrote:Aww omg <3 That's really sweet
Wow, 5 years? I hope i'm still here in 5 years

Be careful. After 3 years they own your soul.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth

Creophagous
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Creophagous » 09 Sep 2018, 20:51

My username is found within Alchemy.

"The Azoth or Universal Medicine is, for the soul, is supreme reason and absolute justice; for the mind, it is mathematical and practical truth; for the body it is the quintessence, which is a combination of gold and light. In the superior or spiritual world, it is the First Matter of the Great Work, the source of the enthusiasm and activity of the alchemist. In the intermediate or mental world, it is intelligence and industry. In the inferior or material world, it is physical labor.

As the Universal Life Force, the Azoth is believed to be not only the animating energy (spiritus animatus) of the body but is also the inspiration and enthusiasm that moves the mind. In the cosmos and within each of us, the Azoth is believed to be the mysterious evolutionary force responsible for the relentless drive towards physical and spiritual perfection. Thus, the concept of the Azoth is analogous to the light of nature or mind of God. "

As taken from Wikipedia. An easy explanation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My music composed by me- listen to Cyber Tropic on Youtube: https://youtu.be/jDLw6_4V3wE

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 10 Sep 2018, 07:05

'Twas eons ago when I first got online with my 386 in 98 and joined IRC and I needed a nickname I just looked around in the room and saw one of my dads kegs, you know those like 5 liter small kegs and I don't remember the brand but it had a quote "The real beer keg". So I just figured "Huh, Beerkeg.... i like it" and been rolling with it since.

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 10 Sep 2018, 09:04

Hell if I remember.

TrashM
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TrashM » 10 Sep 2018, 11:30

I choze my username to minimize my ego and becauz I'm bitter. (it's short for Trash Moody)
"Do not store up for yourselvs treasures on Earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where theives break in and steal".

Matthew 6:19

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 10 Sep 2018, 13:51

An amalgamation of infamous german pilot Werner Mölders and Skaven clan, Clan Moulder.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

MissPurple
Veteran Member

Post by MissPurple » 10 Sep 2018, 13:52

I was drunk and woke up with it.