Food and drink you can't, or don't, enjoy

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Food and drink you can't, or don't, enjoy

Post by Buta » 04 Feb 2018, 16:16

Foods that you can't, or don't, enjoy

We all have food or drink that we can't or don't enjoy despite trying them... what are they for you??

For me...

Peanuts (including peanut butter) - Just taste absolutely disgusting to me, even when they're chocolate covered sweets!
Most types of nuts now that I think about it, at least in their raw form anyway... they just are so yuck. Even nuts like cashews are gross because they taste creamy as well. >_<;;
Most spicy foods are not enjoyable for me. I like dry chicken tikka at least I suppose!
Anything coffee.
Milky tea, or tea with sugar in.
Most soda drinks I just don't like drinking any more.

They're the only ones I can think of atm...

How about you??
ImageImageImage
~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: Food and drink you can't, or don't, enjoy

Post by lolin » 04 Feb 2018, 18:05

i'm not fond of coffee most days, sometimes it upsets my stomach, sometimes it doesn't (but i love it otherwise)
i have a hard time with squash, particularly yellow
not a fan of pad thai, but i'd eat almost anything else thai
i have trouble with tomatoes, they just taste sour to me
nintendo switch cartridges don't taste very good
i don't like cherries either, save maybe maraschino, but those are debatably not cherries
steak, don't ask me why, i just don't like it (this is apparently heresy)

Peteruto
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Peteruto » 04 Feb 2018, 19:32

I hate runner beans, snap beans and anything related. Twiglets I'm not a fan of, just taste like they've been burnt XD. I like spicy but not too spicy that you can't eat it XD. Also celery just tastes weird. I tend to go with diet stuff in terms of soft drinks, normal stuff is just too sweet.

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 04 Feb 2018, 19:54

omfgzergrush wrote:i'm not fond of coffee most days, sometimes it upsets my stomach, sometimes it doesn't (but i love it otherwise)
i have a hard time with squash, particularly yellow
i have trouble with tomatoes, they just taste sour to me
nintendo switch cartridges don't taste very good
steak, don't ask me why, i just don't like it (this is apparently heresy)

I can't believe I forgot about squash. I'd rather drink water every time over squash.
Tomatoes are another one for me too. They just do not taste very nice.
You saying about steak makes me think of my husband who is pescatarian because he does not like meats at all.

I hear that game cartridges melt well at least. Maybe try on toast next time? ;P Hehe.

Peteruto wrote: Twiglets I'm not a fan of, just taste like they've been burnt XD..

Oh yes! Twiglets are so gross! XD

This has reminded me of marmite. I don't mind marmite with other things, like cheese, in a sandwich... and marmite crisps are awesome! <3
ImageImageImage

Zwei
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Zwei » 06 Feb 2018, 02:04

I'd say

Food:

Nuts
Most green veg lol

Drinks coffee, ice tea

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 06 Feb 2018, 07:23

omfgzergrush wrote:i'm not fond of coffee most days, sometimes it upsets my stomach, sometimes it doesn't (but i love it otherwise)
[mention=881]omfgzergrush[/mention] Same, I kinda like...ok, I don't like coffee coffee, but I like coffee-flavored things (like coffee with cream and sugar) (I know too many coffee snobs) but then, coffee just gives me cramps.
I suspect it has more to do with being dead tired every time I try to drink it than anything with the coffee itself.
But still, yeah.

omfgzergrush wrote:steak, don't ask me why, i just don't like it (this is apparently heresy)
I hear you. I can enjoy steak, but at the same time, Americans just eat way too much meat and it's not that appealing to me. No, I don't want a 1/2 lb burger, I want a well-proportioned burger, thank you.

Peteruto wrote:I hate runner beans, snap beans and anything related. Twiglets I'm not a fan of, just taste like they've been burnt XD. I like spicy but not too spicy that you can't eat it XD. Also celery just tastes weird. I tend to go with diet stuff in terms of soft drinks, normal stuff is just too sweet.
[mention=104677]Peteruto[/mention]

Celery lol
Apparently it has zero nutritional value, so no one can ever tell you it's good for you.
I like it though.

&quot wrote:I can't believe I forgot about squash. I'd rather drink water every time over squash.
Tomatoes are another one for me too. They just do not taste very nice.
[mention=81149]Buta[/mention]
Squash? Nah, come on. I get tomatoes not being to everyone's taste, even though I love them, but squash is such a general food that can be prepared so many different ways.
The only way I could hate squash is if I had only ever eaten it plain.

Btw, the hell are twiglets?

DMW Shiro wrote:Most green veg lol
[mention=101668]DMW Shiro[/mention] lol eat your veggies

This doesn't really fit the topic, but Avocados.
I like them. Fucking love guacamole.
But they give me heartburn/gas. That and mangos. I don't know why.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 06 Feb 2018, 15:54

Momogari wrote:Squash? Nah, come on. I get tomatoes not being to everyone's taste, even though I love them, but squash is such a general food that can be prepared so many different ways.

Btw, the hell are twiglets?

*shrugs* I've copied what amount of water others around me used as I grew up and what not, and it just isn't a nice thing to drink. I guess it's kinda like why people don't like adding ice cubes to their sodas... that the watered down taste isn't nice? I dunno. Tried different kinds too. I've even tried mixing it with milk for halloween. XD

Twiglets are a wheat-based snack with a "distinctive knobbly shape" similar to that of a small twig. The taste of Twiglets derives from the yeast extract used in its coating, and has been compared to that of Marmite. They are marketed in the United Kingdom and packaged in 24g, 45g, 105g and 150g bags, and in 200g tubs.

They're totally gross. XD
ImageImageImage

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 06 Feb 2018, 17:49

Momogari wrote:[mention=881]omfgzergrush[/mention] Same, I kinda like...ok, I don't like coffee coffee, but I like coffee-flavored things (like coffee with cream and sugar) (I know too many coffee snobs) but then, coffee just gives me cramps.
I suspect it has more to do with being dead tired every time I try to drink it than anything with the coffee itself.
But still, yeah.

coffee flavored things are great, and using coffee to wake up is fine/get going in the morning, but i don't get cramps, but it does make me gotta go, every time, without fail

also i recently discovered i like avocados, so that's a plus
i'm sorry both give you heartburn/gas

they're fantastic foods :(

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 06 Feb 2018, 19:06

Buta wrote:
Momogari wrote: Squash? Nah, come on. I get tomatoes not being to everyone's taste, even though I love them, but squash is such a general food that can be prepared so many different ways.

*shrugs* I've copied what amount of water others around me used as I grew up and what not, and it just isn't a nice thing to drink. I guess it's kinda like why people don't like adding ice cubes to their sodas... that the watered down taste isn't nice? I dunno. Tried different kinds too. I've even tried mixing it with milk for halloween. XD

I was so confused.

Image Image
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 06 Feb 2018, 19:10

Momogari wrote:I was so confused.

Ah, ha! Yes! Quite a difference! ^_^;;;;; For some reason you saying "eat" in your original reply didn't click in my head you meant that squash, lol.
I have eaten butternut squash before! Was good from what I remember, lol. :D
ImageImageImage

earlmitchell
Great Britain

Post by earlmitchell » 15 Feb 2018, 10:09

I'm not a big fan of coffee, but I can drink it once a month, for example. But the worst food that I have ever tried this is liquorice. I'll never try it again in my life
I'm fond of anime! This is my religion! But if you want to watch the anime that you will like you should take into account different things to consider before choose one of the millions of animes

Chlobo
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Chlobo » 21 Feb 2018, 20:00

i don't like beetroot or rotten fruit.

King Jackman
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by King Jackman » 24 Feb 2018, 14:50

mushrooms. I absolutely hate them so much! the taste, texture, smell, everything!!!!

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 27 Feb 2018, 09:26

I particularly dislike tomato when its mixed with other food or when its liquified. I love it when its in its solid form as part of a salad but in a sandwich then no. Or in a glass of V8? Disgusting. The taste is overpowering, so I take it out of sandwiches.

The other I don't eat is weetabix as it churns my stomach.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 27 Feb 2018, 09:41

Raisins