Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Morning Rose
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Post by Morning Rose » 25 Mar 2015, 03:38

Or do you currently suffer from those?

Mehru

Re: Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Post by Mehru » 25 Mar 2015, 18:48

I suffer from bipolar disorder, so I'm vulnerable to the sways of anxiety and depression.

Ithuriel
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ithuriel » 25 Mar 2015, 20:50

Anxiety I suffered from a bit when I was a kid but depression, well, I've learned to live with it.

Blobcat
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Blobcat » 25 Mar 2015, 21:23

Bit of both. Never a serious case to be diagnosed but I realise how worse I was before I moved away (issues at home/ lifestyle change/ new town).

Depression I've learn't to live with, I still have pretty low confidence and self esteem but I am much better than I was. My mum goes on about wishing I lived closer to her/ back at home butfor several reasons I could not go back, I realise just how unhappy I really was with some issues at home I can't cope with.
I only have a couple of very bad bursts now and again but nothing like my teens-early 20's.

Anxiety has become a bit of an issue, I was in trouble a month into my new job as it stopped me from improving and moving forward. Once I realised this I got better and have gone on to do quite well.
I do allow myself to worry alot about pretty much everything (I could never act as a host with people over, I panic inside the idea about calling people on the phone etc). It doesn't cripple me but it can be very annoying for me and I guess those who know me.

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 25 Mar 2015, 23:12

I think we all have one time or another. Such is the stresses of the modern life.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

Padfoot
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Padfoot » 25 Mar 2015, 23:20

Suffered from both, particularly depression atm. It's rubbish, but I'd rather it was me than someone else.
I'm a nightmare dressed as a daydream.

EllenHyuga
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by EllenHyuga » 26 Mar 2015, 07:21

I suffer with depression and very mild anxiety. I have been on and off medication and counselling since I was in year 10.
Since being married and finding out we're having a baby, it's not been too bad :-)
:lolcat:Come over to:- General Discussion!:lolcat:
:) We have cookies!!...well okay, maybe we don't...but if you go buy yourself a cookie, and say it's from us, then we have given you a cookie :)

http://www.animeleague.net/forum/forumd ... Discussion

kaname kuran
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by kaname kuran » 26 Mar 2015, 12:21

I suffer from depression and anxiety and pills and talking to people about it have not worked so I just put up with it

Tovarishch
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Tovarishch » 26 Mar 2015, 19:06

Yeah constantly sadly.

Whats both a blessing/curse is I dont have the luxury of indulging it. So I just kinda "suck it up" these days.
Image"a dream easily achieved is no dream at all"Image

Noirre: "We need signs that say, STAY OFF MY ASS"

Noirre: "Voi Vittu Sentaan". "It means Oh the Spring of C***"

lyokosa80
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lyokosa80 » 26 Mar 2015, 19:31

LMFAO It's my job all the time today I was cleaning my house and sorting out a move . lol doesn't seem alot but on top of a stressful training period and sorting out kit .lol
Stay cool Stay frosty - Captain Price call of duty Modern warfare 1

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 26 Mar 2015, 22:12

most people suffer from both of these at some point in their life, it's just a natural state you fall into / deal with. i've certainly suffered from both, and deal with anxiety on a daily basis. depression comes and goes, but it's been here several times in my life.

Tovarishch
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Tovarishch » 26 Mar 2015, 22:21

Yeah, it's something we all experience/cope/adapt with in our own ways
Image"a dream easily achieved is no dream at all"Image

Noirre: "We need signs that say, STAY OFF MY ASS"

Noirre: "Voi Vittu Sentaan". "It means Oh the Spring of C***"

radical ed
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by radical ed » 26 Mar 2015, 23:31

i haven't been clinically diagnosed or anything but i would say i suffer from anxiety. there are times I feel like i can't even make a phone call. if i get too nervous or anxious i get horrible stomach aches. ive only ever had one panic attack, which I'm thankful for because it was really scary. i may have slight depression but i think that may be more related to my period in my case.

Saints Flow
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Saints Flow » 27 Mar 2015, 02:07

I've been told I showed signs of both, but I was never told if I ever had any official diagnosis.
All I know is I'm on some meds right now that tends to be used for both. And lemme tell you, that's made a difference that all the "just think positive!" or "it gets better!" in the world couldn't.
radical ed is a treasure

Morning Rose
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Morning Rose » 27 Mar 2015, 04:16

Padfoot wrote:Suffered from both, particularly depression atm. It's rubbish, but I'd rather it was me than someone else.

kaname kuran wrote:I suffer from depression and anxiety and pills and talking to people about it have not worked so I just put up with it

Carue wrote:Yeah constantly sadly.

Whats both a blessing/curse is I dont have the luxury of indulging it. So I just kinda "suck it up" these days.

It sounds like you guys need a hug, :( . I get what you mean with that, Padfoot... It wouldn't feel fair if I could transfer it to someone else, so I wouldn't do it even if I could.

radical ed wrote:i haven't been clinically diagnosed or anything but i would say i suffer from anxiety. there are times I feel like i can't even make a phone call. if i get too nervous or anxious i get horrible stomach aches. ive only ever had one panic attack, which I'm thankful for because it was really scary. i may have slight depression but i think that may be more related to my period in my case.

I know that feeling, :/ . I can't use phones at all unless i'm talking to someone in my immediate family.
*gives you a big, warm and loving hug*

nekomancer wrote:I've been told I showed signs of both, but I was never told if I ever had any official diagnosis.
All I know is I'm on some meds right now that tends to be used for both. And lemme tell you, that's made a difference that all the "just think positive!" or "it gets better!" in the world couldn't.

A lot of the time, the "it gets better" stuff is said without giving thought to what the particular person they're talking to is going through or what their life/situation is, etc. But, i'm glad that the pills have been helping, :)