Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rad5002
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Post by Rad5002 » 22 Feb 2016, 19:15

I've got both and I've had them for a few years, since around 11? (20 now)

I've been lucky in more recent years I've become better at controlling them which is useful for the job I hope to do in September aha.

That_Welsh_Nerd
Great Britain

Post by That_Welsh_Nerd » 22 Feb 2016, 20:01

Yep, suffered from depression for a long while now, even had a nervous breakdown 3 years ago.
Things have gotten better and I'm moving forward slowly.

lyokosa80
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lyokosa80 » 18 Jun 2016, 20:43

Well it time to talk .It been 4 months since it came to my attention That I have Depression Anxiety and PDSD linked to a pass event or series of events .

At the moment I'm on my own . My so called friends are not talking to me so I'm feeling thier have abandoned me

I'm under treatment but at time like now .Im alone

Anime and manga is helping and last weeks met in plymouth .

soo the question is

what do i do
Stay cool Stay frosty - Captain Price call of duty Modern warfare 1

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 18 Jun 2016, 21:14

Yes. They kind of come part and parcel of having a chronic condition.

Hope y'all are doing okay.
ImageImageImage
~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~

Morty from Dimension C137
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Morty from Dimension C137 » 21 Jun 2016, 22:20

I recently just stopped smoking pot. But I used it to mask my emotions instead of dealing with them like an adult. But I'd say I'm better off now. Haha

Chlobo
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Chlobo » 22 Jun 2016, 00:34

When nobody understands your depression, it's the worst feeling ever.

M.J.Caboose
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by M.J.Caboose » 22 Jun 2016, 09:00

lyokosa80 wrote:Well it time to talk .It been 4 months since it came to my attention That I have Depression Anxiety and PDSD linked to a pass event or series of events .

At the moment I'm on my own . My so called friends are not talking to me so I'm feeling their have abandoned me

I'm under treatment but at time like now. I'm alone

Anime and manga is helping and last weeks met in plymouth .

soo the question is

what do i do
[mention=39418]lyokosa80[/mention]
What you do is this, Live. You know that you have a friend in all of us and if you have any problems put it in this thread and im sure me or someone else will help you work it out and see you through the good side. I have Depression, anxiety and dyslexia ( Yes it can affect all of it) and it's really hard half the time, I've self-harmed before, not attention just to know if things are okayy. It will be really hard and only knowing that you have it now will be extra but you need to think that it's a label not the end of the world. I think thats what gets most people down even more is that its a 'thing' you have lived on this planet for about 20+ years, you have done fine till now, you wasn't worrying about them at all, just making ways to tackle the unknown as you go.

Chin up you have all of us :) we are your friends :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want to know more about me look here
http://www.animeleague.net/forum/showthread.php?91590-My-life-(-As-i-know-it-P-)
^-Made that Pervy Kitty >^.^<

SpeckyB******
Great Britain

Post by SpeckyB****** » 22 Jun 2016, 15:00

I do suffer from some degree of anxiety, I wouldn't say I have ever suffered from depression, but do find quite a lot I am not happy, which isn't the same thing.

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 25 Jun 2016, 11:13

SpeckyB****** wrote:I do suffer from some degree of anxiety, I wouldn't say I have ever suffered from depression, but do find quite a lot I am not happy, which isn't the same thing.

If you are sad for no reason, it could be depression, but obviously check with a doctor. Depression has many stages from mild to severe and things like being easily irritated can fall under that umbrella as well as under other conditions.

Best wishes, and have a nice weekend.

ALITA
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by ALITA » 25 Jun 2016, 11:49

I have depression and other mental health problems
I also lost my step dad to suicide 5 years ago ...nothing prepares you for something like that
it devastated my family ...its hurts even after 5 years...
my step dad raised me since the age of 3
I have been so depressed sometimes that i have felt like killing myself and i have self injured since my step dad died
the fact am not dead now is because of my husband he has to lock my medication in a money box he has to hide the keys so i dont kill myself and i cant have money as i have bought things to hurt myself with
I have other mental health problems as well that stop me from working and my husband got to be at home to take care of me as i cant be left on my own ... i cant travel on my own with out my husband without my husband me and my husband been togther for 10 ( am going to pride next saturday with my husband with me the lAST TIME WAS 11 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS WELL ENOOUGHT TO GO ) MY MENTAL HEALTH HAS GOTTEN WORSE SINCE MY HUSBAND BEEN UP HERE( He from Oxford ) my husband has never been to pride before ( it the last time went i was a lesbian but then i met my husband )and now am trans
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ithuriel
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ithuriel » 25 Jun 2016, 11:55

I cant give a lot of advice on depression, I have and do suffer from it but I take things one day at a time and find it better not to dwell on things you cant control.
Life can change just like that, so enjoy life for what it is and remember that even though there are bad times, there are good ones too :)

SeanAlpha

Post by SeanAlpha » 08 Jul 2016, 15:19

Apologies for re opening the Thread.
A abridged version of what happened to me

3 years ago due to some rumors being said caused by a ex group of mates and my ex girlfriend during a low point in my life (no job, and problems at home) I had a nervous breakdown. Things went so over the top that details from my life got spilled on the cesspool of the internet which made completely off the wall since everyone in Irish cons saw it. Eventually I fought my way back to being normal again and even better over time . I still suffer anxiety but its maintainable . My advice is never give up and continue improving yourself. My goal is try to make enough connections and be happy with myself and my job.

lyokosa80
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lyokosa80 » 09 Jul 2016, 23:43

Thanks team

Really means alot .
Just have a cased dropped too which im not going into details but it's really made me think about who to trust . Anyone have any advice of how to deal with a oppo death .I'm in the military which I'm at risk of posting that but yet I feel it needs to be said . I'm getting better thou but reconnecting now with my _-_--Wife .that's if . and finding the courage to see my 7 moths old twins girls
Stay cool Stay frosty - Captain Price call of duty Modern warfare 1

Eternal0snow92
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Eternal0snow92 » 11 Jan 2018, 13:21

I think everyone comes across dealing with anxiety and depression as a human being that's never satisfied. So at some stage I think we all do.

Personally from bullying I have dealt with anxiety and still do with new changes or environments that make me nervous. I don't so much can safely say I do not suffer with depression as much more and managed away to deal with it and manage it. I think there is different depth's to depression. I was depressed for a few years before I managed to get back on the horse.
[indent]London + Norwich +Birmingham + Lecistershire Conventions.
--
NORFOLK, UK BASED COSPLAYER =)
--
[/indent]

[indent]I cosplay as Under-taker & Mayrim from black butler, Kakashi & Hinata Hyuga from Naruto Shippuden (last movie)
Always looking for friends!
[/indent]

[indent]

[/indent]

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 Jan 2018, 09:23

I have and have had both ever since I was a little kid. I've never been able to gain any kind of control over them, unfortunately, so, since pills are the only thing left, I'm seeing a psychiatrist and have been ever since I was little. I don't know what it's like to not be on pills. I'm 29 right now with no progress as far as my anxiety and depression go. Sad, isn't it?