Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

RhiaSilee
Standard Member
United States of America

Re: Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Post by RhiaSilee » 06 Apr 2015, 05:32

Dark Jewel wrote:While I was in school, a lot of people very visibly seemed to look down on me; most seemed to treat me as though they were talking to someone much younger than them instead of someone who was their age. In their cases, I don't think it was because of what you said, though.

Also, Rhia, please make use of the edit function if you have an idea you'd like to add in after you've already made a post... doubleposting isn't usually allowed in GD.

*slaps self* Bad, Rhia, bad.

Does anyone ever feel like after they feel better about something or seem to get over one hurdle, another one pops up? Like, just as a random example, you get over one addiction which made you depressed and then it caused another addiction which is equally as bad or worse?

Morty from Dimension C137
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Morty from Dimension C137 » 06 Apr 2015, 15:24

I think that would just be an attribution to your bad habit cycle. Replacing one addiction for another, kind of like reformed drug addicts becoming super religious.
I've found that faking it till you make it works pretty good too. Confidence is a powerful tool

Fire 29
Veteran Member

Post by Fire 29 » 06 Apr 2015, 19:41

Mr.Draklin' wrote:A long time ago, yes I did.

I found friends and I entrusted in music to rekindle my dwindling emotions; I completely shut off and became extremely indifferent, only occasionally would I crack and what emotions stored in me I did not know of, would come pouring out in a storm of madness.

Present day I have recovered but it has left its ruin for me, I still have a little bit of trouble but it does not bother me because it played a role in becoming who I am today. The good times help you move forward, the bad make you learn to stand your ground.

I say it's given me a bad habit of listening to sad music but I make a moment of it, like a movie I make playlists that start with opening music, sad music, struggle/motivational music and finally the happy music.

Good to know you've recovered.
I went through some tough times too, but thank god I've recovered and have even become better in some respects. However some of the damage that is done will not be easy to fix but I refuse to give up now.
Sent from Tapatalk mostly.

RhiaSilee
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by RhiaSilee » 07 Apr 2015, 02:29

WildabouthoseCats wrote:I think that would just be an attribution to your bad habit cycle. Replacing one addiction for another, kind of like reformed drug addicts becoming super religious.
I've found that faking it till you make it works pretty good too. Confidence is a powerful tool

But if you fake it for a while, do you feel the need to let things out? Cause, I usually do and I never know an appropriate way to let it out or when.

Morty from Dimension C137
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Morty from Dimension C137 » 07 Apr 2015, 02:33

Of course! I usually just cry when I have to let things out.

Morning Rose
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Morning Rose » 07 Apr 2015, 03:03

RhiaSilee wrote:*slaps self* Bad, Rhia, bad.

Does anyone ever feel like after they feel better about something or seem to get over one hurdle, another one pops up? Like, just as a random example, you get over one addiction which made you depressed and then it caused another addiction which is equally as bad or worse?

It's fine this time, :)

I can relate to the first thing you said, at least... It seems like there always has to be something to keep me weighed down.

Fire 29
Veteran Member

Post by Fire 29 » 07 Apr 2015, 05:39

RhiaSilee wrote:But if you fake it for a while, do you feel the need to let things out? Cause, I usually do and I never know an appropriate way to let it out or when.

When it comes to people bullying me or just getting in my way. I have a long talk with them in which I try to be sound offensive and polite at the same time, switching between the two one moment or the other. This shows them that I am polite but if they try to use this against me then I can be offensive as well.
I've learned to use this technique and it works most of the time.
In short,I try to reason with them in a way that they can't deny.

RhiaSilee
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by RhiaSilee » 07 Apr 2015, 06:41

Fire 29 wrote:When it comes to people bullying me or just getting in my way. I have a long talk with them in which I try to be sound offensive and polite at the same time, switching between the two one moment or the other. This shows them that I am polite but if they try to use this against me then I can be offensive as well.
I've learned to use this technique and it works most of the time.
In short,I try to reason with them in a way that they can't deny.

Not exactly what I meant.
Just when I get stressed about life in general. Sometimes I just want to rage or cry but I feel like I never have a good time to.

Fire 29
Veteran Member

Post by Fire 29 » 07 Apr 2015, 07:06

Yeah I know. I was just saying when the reason of stress are people thats how I let the rage out. I call it justified or controlled anger. Meaning I can control my emotions even when I'm angry. Pretty cool right.

DeadlyRed
Great Britain

Post by DeadlyRed » 18 Feb 2016, 23:19

I have anxiety and PTSD due to a traumatizing experience in October 2014. I am still terrified of being out after dark, I don't sleep well, (I'm currently on Amitriptyline for that) and just last night I had a panic attack, which happened for seemingly no reason. To the best of my memory, that had never happened to me before.
T'were easier that you ignore him, sirrah. Yonder pillock is always pulling such "more mystical-than-thou" crap.

Kaysa
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Kaysa » 18 Feb 2016, 23:59

My doctoral studies were pretty conducive to anxiety and depression. Mix that with an unexpected drug interaction and me developing SAD, and you got a recipe for disaster. Luckily, I graduated, discovered that light therapy prevents SAD, and got over the damage caused by the drug interaction. During my experiences with anxiety and depression, I learned one thing that really helps. Spending time thinking about what can go wrong wires the brain into thinking that is the reality. Conversely, spending time seeking out what went right, and what made you happy during the day, makes it much easier to shrug off negative thinking. A good thing to do is to actively seek out everything that went right / made you happy during the day. Doing this can actually re-program your brain towards positive thinking.

Kathren
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member

Post by Kathren » 21 Feb 2016, 15:08

Nope, never. Of course there's times I've been sad, upset or nervous about something but nothing out of the ordinary and I'm not a very optimistic person, more of a realist and always imagine all the worst that can happen. Also I'm just grateful for all the small things that happen in life and that makes me happy.

Nyo!Canada
Canada

Post by Nyo!Canada » 22 Feb 2016, 02:03

*sighs and puts up hand* hello.... I mean I WAS depressed fir awhile. But im not anymore

M.J.Caboose
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by M.J.Caboose » 22 Feb 2016, 04:32

I suffer from both, I've live with it for awhile, though it gets bad because of winter months and with whatever is wrong mentally with me but I'm getting there, I'm getting there

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want to know more about me look here
http://www.animeleague.net/forum/showthread.php?91590-My-life-(-As-i-know-it-P-)
^-Made that Pervy Kitty >^.^<

andreank

Post by andreank » 22 Feb 2016, 07:49

Depression and anxiety disorders are different, but people with depression often experience symptoms similar to those of an anxiety disorder, such as nervousness, irritability, and problems sleeping and concentrating. But each disorder has its own causes and its own emotional and behavioral symptoms.

Many people who develop depression have a history of an anxiety disorder earlier in life. There is no evidence one disorder causes the other, but there is clear evidence that many people suffer from both disorders.