Because Halloween itself falls on a Tuesday this year, are there any related events the weekend before?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Because Halloween itself falls on a Tuesday this year, are there any related events the weekend before?

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Jul 2023, 17:12

Above.

I'll have a look on Google, but as I've got that Dracula stuff I wore last year, I wondered if there was anything in the Sheffield area? I know they don't do Fright Night in Town any more, the Council ran out of funding for it.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Jul 2023, 17:21

Turns out Out of this World's on the 22nd of October in Town (See? I do know how to use Google! :D )
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 21 Jul 2023, 21:47

The only suggestion I have is to wander around the Town Centre a little closer to the date, and see if any of the venues are having a theme night.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 21 Jul 2023, 22:15

I do want to do a Halloween Big Geek Meet again we usually do it in Manchester, but might do one in Birmingham for fun cause lately I've just been staying in the house on Halloween
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Jul 2023, 10:48

LikkleMel wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 22:15
I do want to do a Halloween Big Geek Meet again we usually do it in Manchester, but might do one in Birmingham for fun cause lately I've just been staying in the house on Halloween

Manchester would be nearer for those of us who live in Yorkshire :D

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Jul 2023, 10:50

Ojisama wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 21:47
The only suggestion I have is to wander around the Town Centre a little closer to the date, and see if any of the venues are having a theme night.

Corporation are doing a theme night on the 21st of October, I wouldn't attend a Nightclub on a Saturday night though, nor would Dad let me.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Jul 2023, 13:27

Even if you do go clubbing I would avoid Halloween nights like the plague, either jam packed or they barely let people in so the queues are like miles long. University student unions usually call dibs on nightclubs anyway during Halloween. When I was younger I used to go on a Halloween walk. It took place at the reservoir near me and it would be all dark, we used torches and lanterns to see there would be actors dressed as spooky stuff trying to scare us and yeah... I am not sure if there is anything like that or maybe a scare maze or something?

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 23 Jul 2023, 15:45

Rother Valley used to do a Halloween Event. Don't know if they still do.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Jul 2023, 15:59

Ojisama wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 15:45
Rother Valley used to do a Halloween Event. Don't know if they still do.

I'll have a look, even that's a pain to get to for non drivers though.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Jul 2023, 16:25

Well I found an event in Town on the 28th of October, Halloween Family Party at the Quays Hotel in Town, starts at 3 PM.

And it's not too expensive, about £16.

This is it