VTubers, are you into them?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 24 Apr 2021, 23:38

Before I bought Neptunia virtual stars I’d heard about Vtubers but I wasn’t really into them, but since playing this game and that a lot of VTubers feature I’ve really gotten into watching them. So I want to know what you guys think about them and if there’s any VTubers that you watch.

I mostly watch the hololive EN girls with Kiara, Cali and Gura being my favourite ones. I like the chemistry between Kiara and Cali when they Calab. Gura at the moment is doing a super Metroid play through and it’s so entertaining to watch cos she’s not the greatest at playing it but you just want to see her succeed.

I also watch Nyanners streams. She’s quite quirky and finds the stupidest stuff funny like when she went nuts over the cold steel videos

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 25 Apr 2021, 20:20

Gura being cute!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 26 Apr 2021, 16:52

Ngl, I don't really get the hype XD
I watch people to connect with them, I can't get that from vtubers
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 06 May 2021, 10:57

So a couple days ago the Hololive:EN Vtubers started to reveal their new character models. calliopi mori went first. her's kinda fits her very well cos she's very into rap and has a few EP's out so her new design was giving off this kinda vibe

Then my favorite of the hololive:EN girls went next, Takanashi Kiara. I watched her reveal stream and omg it was so cute!!! just like her. she set it up like she was going clothes shopping and her new design is more of a summery look for her
but she also has a cute variation with cat ears and a tail that makes her look adorable (yeah i simp for kiara, so what lol)

I think Gawr Gura is up next with her reveal with amelia watson and Ninomae Ina'nis to follow and then on sunday 9th of may at 7am they're all doing a colab wearing their new outfits.

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 08 Jun 2021, 22:53

today I give to you, the phenom that is Haachama cooking

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 13 Jun 2021, 18:55

on tuesday this week the Vtuber community was rocked by the news that Kiryu Coco is "graduating" from Hololive. She'll be continuing her activities up to the 1st of july and then will be leaving hololive. I for one am sad to see her go. It was watching her Reddit Shitpost review that got me interested in her and from that i became a fan.

Coco's latest Reddit Shitpost Review

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 14 Jun 2021, 03:47

It depends...if they are doing it just to be cute then no. I do want to make an AL-Chan one for the AL Twitch just so there's something there as half the time I don't want to go on webcam XD
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 27 Jun 2021, 12:00

I typically only use YouTube for a juke box. So not really. I'd be open to checking something out though.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Celron_Miles
Great Britain

Achievements

Hololive discussion

Post by Celron_Miles » 08 Jul 2021, 17:03

Hello
After quickly checking out the forum I noticed that the Hololive/Vtubers in general are being mentioned once IN(a) while so I thought of making this discussion to probe the interest in them.
So basically what I want to do is if you are interested in any of them, are a casual watcher or a hardcore fan, please introduce yourself here, and post something about you favourite one/favourite clip. Would be nice to meet some Kiagainikis friends, and who knows? If theres enough of us we can try to reach the level of a clan  :)

To start off. I'm a huge fan of both Hololive and Holostars division, and Iron Mouse from Vshoujo. Right now I'm only a member of Ninomae Inanis Takodachi army, but I don't discriminate and watch almost every piece of content on all Vtubers, be they from Nijisanji or Hololive, or some OG ones. My favourite content to this day will be Tokoyami Towa's song below.

Lets try to band together and have some fun  :dance:

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Hololive discussion

Post by Elgood81 » 09 Jul 2021, 20:00

yeah I already made a discussion for this cos I’m into hololive, I watch a lot of their content, Takanashi Kiara, Amelia Watson and Gawr Gura being my favourites to watch. I like Cali and ina but I haven’t actually sat through one of their streams yet, just the odd clips
Link to the topic I started

Celron_Miles
Great Britain

Achievements

Hololive discussion

Post by Celron_Miles » 10 Jul 2021, 07:37

Oh damn I didn't catch that topic. Do you think I should remove this one not to spam the forum?

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Hololive discussion

Post by Elgood81 » 10 Jul 2021, 12:36

Nar it's cool. Being the General Discussions Head Moderator (points to my signature) I can merge the two topics into one (or at least I think I can, I've never tried it)

Edit: Yes i can

Also while I think about it, it's only Nyanners that I like over on Vshojo. I gave Ironmouse and the others a go but I find Nyanners more entertaining

Celron_Miles
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Celron_Miles » 14 Jul 2021, 16:45

@Elgood81 Damn I swear I replied to you before. Welp.

From Vshoujo I can only say anything about Ironmouse and Nyanners, even though I watched quite a bit of their content. If I were to recommend anyone to you then go for Ina from Hololive. Her streams are the most chill experience ever, as long as you can survive her horrible puns.

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 14 Jul 2021, 21:33

Celron_Miles, Yeah I like watching Ina's Minecraft streams. well when it comes to Minecraft Ina, Ame and Gura are the best. Kiara's is okay but she's best for watching her play JRPG's. The only reason I started playing Nier:Automata is because I watched Kiara play it. Ame had a go at playing it too but she decided she'd rather play it off stream but it was cool to watch her stream and see her get excited at points of the game that I'd already done.

Celron_Miles
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Celron_Miles » 16 Jul 2021, 08:21

@Elgood81 Thats how you get into vtubers, and streamers overall I think. You just find the stuff that you enjoy. For me, I like Inas drawing streams cause they dont really demand my full attention, while still listening to her waffling about stuff. My favourite combo is getting a cup of tea, sitting down with my guitar and just fiddle with it while listening to streamers, so Ina is one of the best for me.

Btw out of all the EN girls, I think Kiara is the one I watch the least. Not that I don't like her. But its just my preference. Love her recent Yakuza playthrough though.