Card and table top games anyone?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

TheLastDragonPrince
Great Britain

Re: Card and table top games anyone?

Post by TheLastDragonPrince » 04 Aug 2019, 12:19

I used to be really into the My Little Pony CCG back when there was a local group.

I've also played all kinds of tabletop games but off the top of my head, a few I've really enjoyed are Machi Koro, Evolution, Flash Point, Fungi, Sheriff of Nottingham and Photosynthesis. I'll play pretty much any board game!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 04 Aug 2019, 21:58

Played a cool table top game called King of Tokyo the other week
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Salrynn
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Salrynn » 24 Aug 2019, 22:48

TCGs I play:
MTG
Yu gi oh

I love them games tbh, I haven't played yu gi oh for long ^~^ I tried to get into it quite some time ago, but it wasn't until my fiancé and his friend taught me while I played against them, I sort of knew what I was doing ^~^ I play Madolche, nordic and there was another one, but I can't remember it exactly apart from it being music based.

MTG was probably one of my earliest getaways, my dad teaching me and then slowly being allowed to go to a shop where they hosted FNM. I have too many decks to count unfortunately XD

Tabletop wise... I am going to play DnD soon. And my favourite tabletop game right now is Eldritch Horror. I recently got Terra Mystica though so we will see how it goes.
If you believe it's impossible, it will be impossible.Image

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 26 Aug 2019, 00:23

Salrynn wrote:TCGs I play:
MTG
Yu gi oh

I love them games tbh, I haven't played yu gi oh for long ^~^ I tried to get into it quite some time ago, but it wasn't until my fiancé and his friend taught me while I played against them, I sort of knew what I was doing ^~^ I play Madolche, nordic and there was another one, but I can't remember it exactly apart from it being music based.

MTG was probably one of my earliest getaways, my dad teaching me and then slowly being allowed to go to a shop where they hosted FNM. I have too many decks to count unfortunately XD

Tabletop wise... I am going to play DnD soon. And my favourite tabletop game right now is Eldritch Horror. I recently got Terra Mystica though so we will see how it goes.

Melodias and aqua diva come to mind but I retired from yugioh after pendulums were brought in
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Salrynn
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Salrynn » 27 Aug 2019, 10:32

Fate wrote:Melodias and aqua diva come to mind but I retired from yugioh after pendulums were brought in

Yeah melodious divas sound about right.
If you believe it's impossible, it will be impossible.Image

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 28 Aug 2019, 21:18

yay I got one lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vendetta041990
Standard Member

Post by vendetta041990 » 20 Oct 2019, 08:17

Tried playing Settlers of Cattan in Anime Midwest back in July 2019.
ettlers of Catan is one such family board game that holds sentimental value because a large number of special “party-time” and “family-time” is associated with it. It's a game that many people say got them into playing board games too.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 26 Oct 2019, 15:15

[mention=116915]vendetta041990[/mention] Yeah! first time I know and played it was in a "Runicas 2006" a RPG-Con back on North Spain ( Errenteria, Euskal Herria "AKA Basque Country).
there over many other Board and card games, and RPG tabletop as D&D, Vampire,...
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 26 Oct 2019, 15:28

I play table top RPGs all the time, in fact I'll be playing a game this weekend.

I have an interesting board game as well, that's very D&D like. It isn't D&D though, but it is a lot of fun. Too bad you can only buy it used now.

I use to play card games, but not so much any more. Card games have the issue of requiring cards to get any variety in them. Meaning they are expensive to play if you don't want to play the same game over and over again. Or they become boring because they lack any freshness to them.

Anyways, point is I'm not a fan of card games anymore.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 26 Oct 2019, 15:54

Tanya wrote:I play table top RPGs all the time, in fact I'll be playing a game this weekend.

Ages since I played my las adventure ... I'am not that confidence with my English to play it here at UK ... But I'll try some day.
Y bought 2nd Hand "Dangerous Jurneys", a Gari's Giga (R.I.P. Great DM, and creator) Game he made after breaking with TSR after they keep the Rights on D&D. I even have not starter to read it... as I know I would play it in a while.
also, I got as a treasure "Dragon Lords" Inspired by Michael Moorkock Novels "Elric of Melniboné".
... It isn't D&D though, but it is a lot of fun. Too bad you can only buy it used now.
[mention=1132]Tanya[/mention] Which one is it? it use a D20 System? with the same 6 D&D atributes ... ??

I use to play card games, but not so much any more. Card games have the issue of requiring cards to get any variety in them. Meaning they are expensive to play if you don't want to play the same game over and over again. Or they become boring because they lack any freshness to them.

Anyways, point is I'm not a fan of card games anymore.

Do you mean COLLECTIBLE Card Games "CCG" like MtG, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, L5R ... etc ...
Yeah, that made me also abandon they. hehehe.

But you know, with a Hanafuda Cards you can play a wide variety of Games, even Poker. I saw on Ebay few French card Decks, than containing the Japanese Hanafuda draws instead normal boring standar ones.
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 26 Oct 2019, 16:18

Chihaya Furu! Did you read the manga/ watched the Anime ??
showthread.php?123809-Chihayafuru

I jsut find now this awesome video ... I wanna share with all
[video=youtube;Sx2UqSxAPfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx2UqSx ... e=youtu.be[/video]

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 26 Oct 2019, 16:19

we may can prepare to play it in any ( or several ) of the AL Cons, and made our own British/ UK Toournaments /Championship ?!!?

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 26 Oct 2019, 16:51

The game speaking of is a board game

It uses six sided die for movement and 2 ten sided die for skills, attributes, and combat.

The races are dwarves, elves, orcs, humans, gnomes, and a few others.

There are many skills. The three attributes are Mind, Body, and Spirit.

There are three types of combat, range, melee, and magic.

Mind is the base attribute for range combat, Body for melee, and Spirit for magic.

That’s also the order for combat each round. Monsters get an attack in every phase. Heroes and allies only get to attack in one phase. They can defend in every phase though.
本好きの下剋上

Luffynatsu87
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Luffynatsu87 » 26 Oct 2019, 16:58

The games i have played are like scramble, chess, QI the borad game, game of life and play solitaire, i play a bingo card game called hoi and who ever has all the bottle tops on all there cards wins

TrashM
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TrashM » 29 Oct 2019, 16:50

Where do you find people to play these games with?
"Do not store up for yourselvs treasures on Earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where theives break in and steal".

Matthew 6:19