Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Saints Flow
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: Have you ever suffered from anxiety and/or depression?

Post by Saints Flow » 27 Mar 2015, 14:38

Dark Jewel wrote:

A lot of the time, the "it gets better" stuff is said without giving thought to what the particular person they're talking to is going through or what their life/situation is, etc. But, i'm glad that the pills have been helping, :)

They really do, since the point is to just get me to a place where I can learn to look at things realistically without being so extreme with the negative thoughts. Like seeing a few clouds in the sky and saying there's just a chance of rain instead of thinking there's bound to be a flood that'll kill everyone in town.
I also just feel like this American obsession with constant happiness and perfectionism is taking its toll on a lot of people. It just leads some to beat themselves up over failing at something that's not even possible.
radical ed is a treasure

Fire 29
Veteran Member

Post by Fire 29 » 27 Mar 2015, 15:49

I wouldn't call it depression but I had a case of anxiety but I started to make it go away slowly about 6 months ago.
Now I have fully recovered and I'm a changed man. Not only fully recovered, I've improved in almost every way.
Sent from Tapatalk mostly.

lyokosa80
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lyokosa80 » 27 Mar 2015, 16:33

Here one foe everyone I in the process of dealing with it and Have ben givin a book but it seems to help me in a highly stressful job with little time at that

mindfulness A PRACTICAL GUDIE to a finding peace in a frantic world

by Mark williams and danny penman
Stay cool Stay frosty - Captain Price call of duty Modern warfare 1

Fire 29
Veteran Member

Post by Fire 29 » 27 Mar 2015, 16:43

I'm reading a self-help book too these days. Self-help books really help.
Whether your facing anxiety/ depression or not.

Tovarishch
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Tovarishch » 27 Mar 2015, 17:13

apparently mindfulness is pretty highly recommended, worth a try.

Also thank you Dark Jewel, very kind!
Image"a dream easily achieved is no dream at all"Image

Noirre: "We need signs that say, STAY OFF MY ASS"

Noirre: "Voi Vittu Sentaan". "It means Oh the Spring of C***"

Radioactive_Undead
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Radioactive_Undead » 27 Mar 2015, 19:34

suffered from anxiety most of my life due to another problem, and now depression due to the way things are for me atm.

Learnt to live with anxiety now so most people dont think i do suffer from it, but the depression i have only had once before so its a bit harder to cope with. and i dont like to take meds as i had to be on them for a long time and find they make me worse than anything.

Morning Rose
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Morning Rose » 28 Mar 2015, 02:44

nekomancer wrote:They really do, since the point is to just get me to a place where I can learn to look at things realistically without being so extreme with the negative thoughts. Like seeing a few clouds in the sky and saying there's just a chance of rain instead of thinking there's bound to be a flood that'll kill everyone in town.
I also just feel like this American obsession with constant happiness and perfectionism is taking its toll on a lot of people. It just leads some to beat themselves up over failing at something that's not even possible.

I've always been too wary to get on meds... If something can't naturally change for me, I suppose that they never will, :/

Fire 29 wrote:I wouldn't call it depression but I had a case of anxiety but I started to make it go away slowly about 6 months ago.
Now I have fully recovered and I'm a changed man. Not only fully recovered, I've improved in almost every way.

Congrats, :)

Carue wrote:apparently mindfulness is pretty highly recommended, worth a try.

Also thank you Dark Jewel, very kind!

No problem! I like to do things for others.

Radioactive_Undead wrote:suffered from anxiety most of my life due to another problem, and now depression due to the way things are for me atm.

Learnt to live with anxiety now so most people dont think i do suffer from it, but the depression i have only had once before so its a bit harder to cope with. and i dont like to take meds as i had to be on them for a long time and find they make me worse than anything.

*gives you a big, warm and loving hug*

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 28 Mar 2015, 03:49

Dark Jewel wrote:I've always been too wary to get on meds... If something can't naturally change for me, I suppose that they never will, :/

that doesn't make any sense to me, can you explain that a little better?

Morning Rose
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Morning Rose » 28 Mar 2015, 03:53

What part?

Fire 29
Veteran Member

Post by Fire 29 » 28 Mar 2015, 04:06

Dark Jewel wrote:Congrats, :)

Thanks Jewel.

Dark Jewel wrote:No problem! I like to do things for others.

That's sweet! 😊

Tovarishch
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Tovarishch » 28 Mar 2015, 12:03

I'm also not a fan of medication in relation to dealing with my problems. I tried AD's in my teens and found them useless. I don't like the idea of becoming reliant on them or being stuck on them for prolonged periods with the whole on/off thing.

Beta-blockers helped a little, but generally what control/stability I've achieved, I've achieved by my own efforts/willpower. Obviously this isnt the case for everyone, and meds can help some.
Image"a dream easily achieved is no dream at all"Image

Noirre: "We need signs that say, STAY OFF MY ASS"

Noirre: "Voi Vittu Sentaan". "It means Oh the Spring of C***"

otakuprincess

Post by otakuprincess » 28 Mar 2015, 16:22

Yes, anxiety and depression, the anxiety is linked to another mental health issue though, but sadly over the last 2 years it got worse, I used to go to conventions in London by bus and train, now some days I can't even face leaving the house, I stopped talking to everyone and became so closed off, part of the reason I just joined here! Get talking to people again and make some new friends :)

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 28 Mar 2015, 19:43

Dark Jewel wrote:What part?

how you believe meds won't change anything

Morning Rose
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Morning Rose » 28 Mar 2015, 21:17

stalolin wrote:how you believe meds won't change anything

I never said that. I said that I am wary of them, and I went on you say in the next part that my life won't experience any changes unless they happen naturally (meaning efforts of my own, perhaps help from someone else, etc.)...

Fire 29 wrote:Thanks Jewel.

That's sweet! ��

<3

I get described as sweet a lot~

Carue wrote:I'm also not a fan of medication in relation to dealing with my problems. I tried AD's in my teens and found them useless. I don't like the idea of becoming reliant on them or being stuck on them for prolonged periods with the whole on/off thing.

Beta-blockers helped a little, but generally what control/stability I've achieved, I've achieved by my own efforts/willpower. Obviously this isnt the case for everyone, and meds can help some.

Exactly. I don't want to get dependent on one of those (or even plainly addicted, because i've always heard that some are addictive), and besides that, it costs money that needs to be saved.

Fire 29
Veteran Member

Post by Fire 29 » 29 Mar 2015, 02:32

Dark Jewel wrote: <3

I get described as sweet a lot~

Maybe you should change your username to sweet Jewel but I like dark jewel.
It's usually the dark jewels that are more beautiful or . . . sweet or . . . well you get the point.