ALL Xbox games to be ported to PS5! The Ponies have won!

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Feb 2024, 08:20

I personally think this is shockingly bad, and Phil Spencer should, but won't, lose his job.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 05 Feb 2024, 20:47

This is great for users, but terrible for business. Exclusives still shift consoles. People still buy PS4s just for Bloodborne... I know I did, now its just a doorstop cause after all its just a console.
Still, for the end users, the people who play games, this is great since they don't have to buy a console just for a game or two. And I assume some multiplayers will go cross platform so again, thats good cause the players will have more people to play with.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 12 Feb 2024, 21:07

Beerkeg wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 20:47
This is great for users, but terrible for business. Exclusives still shift consoles. People still buy PS4s just for Bloodborne... I know I did, now its just a doorstop cause after all its just a console.
Still, for the end users, the people who play games, this is great since they don't have to buy a console just for a game or two. And I assume some multiplayers will go cross platform so again, thats good cause the players will have more people to play with.

The "rumours" of stuff like Starfield going on PS5, and Xbox in general going "third party" were officially debunked by Phil Spencer himself last week apparently.

It was also a crazy pipe dream from Sony fans displaying more Salt than a large bag of chips from Burger King over various current and forthcoming Xbox exclusives they want... Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe these people IMO, they probably can't even spell hypocrisy, especially when they've been bleating about exclusives across all 5 gens of PS since 1994.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 12 Feb 2024, 22:01

Just as bad as Xbox fans complaining about not getting some games that are Sony exclusives imo

Complaining solely about one set of gamers doing it when both sides of the "console war" are equally guilty is just being a dick tbh

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 13 Feb 2024, 06:34

UnmeiNoTenshi wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 22:01
Complaining solely about one set of gamers doing it when both sides of the "console war" are equally guilty is just being a dick tbh

Very true, which is why I like being part of the elite PC masterrace. We're elite, because we miss out on all the exclusives. :D

We get some of them eventually which is really weird... Remember when microsoft brought the rest of the Halo games to PC and failed massively? Surprising how the playerbase doesn't come crawling back if you abandon them for nearly 2 decades.