I really hope DBZ Kakarot isn't canon

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

I really hope DBZ Kakarot isn't canon

Post by Jongriffin » 04 Dec 2023, 05:08

This video is four years old, I admit, and I have not yet played DBZ Kakarot. But goodness, I hope this game isn't canon. I really do. According to Kakarot, the reason we don't see as many talking, anthropomorphic animals in Z is because during the time of original Dragonball, the animals were actually regular people who took a drug to make them into animals. The Youtuber of this video says that's not a big deal of retcon, but I think it's incredibly stupid.

What made Dragonball magical was that it was a world in which just about anything could happen. After all, here were these balls that could summon a dragon to grant a wish. There were other magical elements as well. It was a world of monsters, dinosaurs, and prehistoric mammals. Talking animals were just a part of that world. Anthropomorphic animals were a part of the magic.

So, according to the game, Oolong and Puuar were the few who were the real deal? Does the same go for King Furry or for Korin? The rest were animals because they were people who took drugs? The whole thing is just so stupid.

I really hope this isn't canon. But I have a bad feeling it is, considering Toriyama helped with it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhvw7M ... C61IyMupto