Games on GOG.com that work on Linux?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Nov 2023, 16:47

I wouldn't mind playing any and all of the following again, but I don't have a Windows PC: Soldier of Fortune, Wing Commander 3, 4 and Prophecy, Theme Park and Hospital, Hysteria Hospital and Discworld 2.

Is there a LEGAL way to play them on Linux? None of 'em are on Steam, and nearly everything on Steam's Windows exclusive anyway.

I am aware of Google and have used it.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 27 Nov 2023, 17:34

You can run all of those on linux thorough WINE. Learn how to run something you have through WINE before buying cause it takes a bit of effort to get it running.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Nov 2023, 18:11

Beerkeg wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 17:34
You can run all of those on linux thorough WINE. Learn how to run something you have through WINE before buying cause it takes a bit of effort to get it running.

WINE is too technical for even my Brother to get to work, I'll just contend with the handful of games I've got on Steam that actually work.

But thanks.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)