Problems with last gen Xbox

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 02 Oct 2023, 14:38

Above.

I've just had a conversation on the mobile with MS, 2 in fact, I requested a call back via Xbox.com, I spoke to some Foreign Agent, he didn't understand me, and hung up, 30 seconds later he rang me back and confirmed that because it's a last gen console, and is out of warranty, I'd need to take it to an MS Repair centre (none of which are available in the Sheffield area as far as I know)

And I don't have the funds to upgrade to a Series X (a Series S would be pointless as it doesn't take disc based games, of which I have several)

Is there anything I can do that's not stupidly expensive? I have used Xbox.com and spoken to MS directly.

And I will use Google to find a cheapish repair place.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 02 Oct 2023, 14:52

You either fix it yourself, pay someone to fix it or buy a new one. There really is no other option. Depending on whats wrong, it could take 5 min of soldering or a week of troubleshooting.