Thegamecollection.net

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Thegamecollection.net

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Sep 2023, 09:52

Third game from them that hasn't worked, Rainbow High this time, on Xbox.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled it 4 times each last night, and it will not load beyond the first loading screen.

What gives? I know it's not my console as everything else works including other disc based games.

I've contacted the company's support email address, it's unlikely they'll give a coherent response, they didn't the last twice.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Thegamecollection.net

Post by Ojisama » 22 Sep 2023, 13:38

Three strikes, and your out!
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Thegamecollection.net

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Sep 2023, 19:16

Ojisama wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 13:38

With respect it's you're, not your! Sorry but I'm very particular about that :D

They've sent me a return label for the game, and Royal Mail are collecting it between 10 and 13.00 next Tuesday.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Thegamecollection.net

Post by Ojisama » 22 Sep 2023, 21:33

richardallen1976 wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 19:16
Ojisama wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 13:38

With respect it's you're, not your! Sorry but I'm very particular about that :D

Noted!
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Thegamecollection.net

Post by lolin » 23 Sep 2023, 02:45

yor

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Thegamecollection.net

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Sep 2023, 18:44

I've installed and ran it on the Xbox One S up at my Parents and it still won't load, therefore it's definitely the game and not my console.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Thegamecollection.net

Post by LikkleMel » 25 Sep 2023, 20:15

Looking at feedback sometimes they send the wrong region games so that might be why it isn't working. Shouldn't really trust cheapo websites that sell keys cause they tend to be scams half the time.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Thegamecollection.net

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 26 Sep 2023, 06:30

LikkleMel wrote:
25 Sep 2023, 20:15
Looking at feedback sometimes they send the wrong region games so that might be why it isn't working. Shouldn't really trust cheapo websites that sell keys cause they tend to be scams half the time.

No no it's not just the download code, it's the actual disc.

Although, regarding this particular game, I've emailed Outright Games who made it, and they've sent me digital codes for 2 of their games as I mentioned that I've bought a couple of games from them that also didn't work, they sent codes for Baby Shark Sing and Swim Party (yeah stop laughing) and Rainbow High (which still doesn't work, therefore logic dictates it's the game and not my console)
Last edited by Rich-Allen1976 on 01 Oct 2023, 18:15, edited 2 times in total.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Thegamecollection.net

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Sep 2023, 17:52

Well they came from Royal Mail on Tuesday morning for the game, as the only packaging I have to send it back is a broken Amazon package, the guy wouldn't take it! I wouldn't mind but I was already in the mood from hell after events that were happening most of last week, and I could've well done without some jobsworth Postie.

I've printed out another label, and will possibly pop to the PO tomorrow and buy a Jiffy bag for it, I have another package of the same game to send back to Amazon so I've to buy a Jiffy bag for that an' all.

WHY do these pointless third party publishers insist on selling games wot don't work?!