When is Balder's Gate 3 out on Xbox?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 20 Sep 2023, 17:39

Above.

Sony fans are currently crying about losing PS5 exclusivity on it, but cry me a river! 1994 rang, they want their period of crowing about exclusives back.

I am aware of Google.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 20 Sep 2023, 21:12

Apparently XBox declined to have BG3 for Game Pass as they rated it poorly (I believe the phrase was "second-run").

XBox 1 isn't able to play the game at all.

Originally, "technical difficulties" was the excuse used to explain why there wasn't an XBox version available at launch. As a result of XBox accepting that there will not be parity between the consoles, it now looks like the game will be coming sometime in the next few months, but no word as to a date.

Series S won't have split-screen co-op play.

Series X will have the co-op play.

So if you want to experience the game in it's fullest, you will need to have a Series X.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Sep 2023, 07:00

Ojisama wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 21:12
Apparently XBox declined to have BG3 for Game Pass as they rated it poorly (I believe the phrase was "second-run").

Originally, "technical difficulties" was the excuse used to explain why there wasn't an XBox version available at launch. As a result of XBox accepting that there will not be parity between the consoles, it now looks like the game will be coming sometime in the next few months, but no word as to a date.

So if you want to experience the game in it's fullest, you will need to have a Series X.

I have a Series X, and if I had the funds, I'd buy another one to use at my Parents.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Oct 2023, 08:15

Ojisama wrote:

Yeah I thought that, I didn't hear anything being said about BG3 being released on game pass lol

I was all like "ummm it is coming out on Xbox??" :confuse: I'm pretty sure whatever option you pick you are gonna have a hard time because the game is just massive so understandably it's going to be so demanding to run

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 02 Oct 2023, 08:30

Ojisama wrote:

Smh, and they wonder why Sony fans are so toxic against Xbox?!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 29 Nov 2023, 15:14

Should be coming this month. The issue was porting it to the Series S, its not quite powerful enough to fully run BG3 without a miriad of issues.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.