Starfield: PC/Xbox exclusive, do you care about the 30 fps non issue on Xbox?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Jul 2023, 13:24

I personally don't, having grown up gaming in the 80s, when games ran even slower! I just wish admin on Facebook would remove all the man children currently crying about it! Also, Sony fans crying about how Starfield won't be on PS5 because it's PC/Xbox exclusive, just buy a Sony branded PC for Christ sake! :rage: 

Thoughts?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 24 Jul 2023, 13:32

30fps on console? Who cares, thats basically the standard on consoles so it doesn't matter.. The consoles are all the same, you can't customize them, if it can't handle more without setting on fire then sure, limit it. A stable 30 is better than a fluctuating 30-60.
30fps on PC? That is absolute garbage. PC isn't a standard, you can build yours how you want or by what you can afford. If my hardware allows more, but the game is locked at 30 then the game is objectively garbage.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Jul 2023, 13:49

Beerkeg wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 13:32
30fps on console? Who cares, thats basically the standard on consoles so it doesn't matter.. The consoles are all the same, you can't customize them, if it can't handle more without setting on fire then sure, limit it. A stable 30 is better than a fluctuating 30-60.
30fps on PC? That is absolute garbage. PC isn't a standard, you can build yours how you want or by what you can afford. If my hardware allows more, but the game is locked at 30 then the game is objectively garbage.

This, if people on Facebook are SO upset about the 30 fps non issue on Xbox, just buy or build a PC powerful enough to run it! Simples.

Even though for about a third of the price of a full power PC, you can get an Xbox Series X! OK it'll run the game at 30 fps but literally cry me a river about that total and utter non issue.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)