Microsoft wins case against FTC to buy Activision/Blizzard for $68.7BN

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Jul 2023, 17:37

Link

Meh, other than Sony crying about Call of Duty, the FTC never had a valid case against it IMO.

Thoughts?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Jul 2023, 18:28

I mean... If Microsoft can sort out the absolute shambles of he company that is Blizzard then I'm all for it. Apparently Blizzard employees get treated really badly and that sort of stuff gets reflected on the games, particularly WoW. Just rinse and repeat spitting out new content every year but abandoning old content it's just so fricking lazy. So if Microsoft can actually buckle up and improve where Blizzard are going wrong then great! That's fab news. What I don't want to see is toxic Xbox players raiding games that were previously PC exclusive if (and inevitably when) such games come into Game Pass. Don't want 10 year olds screaming in my ear through battery pack powered microphones through a Xbox video chat because I was 0.1 second too slow on interrupting a spell cast, thanks.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Jul 2023, 19:15

LilMissLarBear wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 18:28
I mean... If Microsoft can sort out the absolute shambles of he company that is Blizzard then I'm all for it. Apparently Blizzard employees get treated really badly and that sort of stuff gets reflected on the games, particularly WoW. Just rinse and repeat spitting out new content every year but abandoning old content it's just so fricking lazy. So if Microsoft can actually buckle up and improve where Blizzard are going wrong then great! That's fab news. What I don't want to see is toxic Xbox players raiding games that were previously PC exclusive if (and inevitably when) such games come into Game Pass. Don't want 10 year olds screaming in my ear through battery pack powered microphones through a Xbox video chat because I was 0.1 second too slow on interrupting a spell cast, thanks.

This is one of the main reasons I don't game online, 10 year olds aren't legally allowed to play stuff like COD but they do anyway due to idiot Parents who let them.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 14 Jul 2023, 13:17

Not sure if anything will change, I mean its a takeover so its not like they're replacing the entire staff and well.. you know how it is in companies... you can't fire the problematic people cause they'll start crying about "corporation bad, am do no bad, boo-hoo". The question I have is how much extra social media garbage, if any, Microsoft will try to sneak into things like WoW. I only judge Microsoft by the quality of OS they produce... so things are looking rather bleak... I dunno, I guess we'll see. Wrath classic will be done in about a year anyway so wont have to worry about WoW and if they stay away from Diablo 4 then they can do whatever they want with the rest of the IPs.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 14 Jul 2023, 14:06

Beerkeg wrote:
14 Jul 2023, 13:17
Not sure if anything will change, I mean its a takeover so its not like they're replacing the entire staff and well.. you know how it is in companies... you can't fire the problematic people cause they'll start crying about "corporation bad, am do no bad, boo-hoo". The question I have is how much extra social media garbage, if any, Microsoft will try to sneak into things like WoW. I only judge Microsoft by the quality of OS they produce... so things are looking rather bleak... I dunno, I guess we'll see. Wrath classic will be done in about a year anyway so wont have to worry about WoW and if they stay away from Diablo 4 then they can do whatever they want with the rest of the IPs.

Some people, mainly hardcore Sony Ponies, are already crying about Sony potentially losing some of their exclusive IPs, particularly Call of Duty, despite repeated assurance from Xbox boss Phil Spencer that it won't happen for at least another 10 years if ever.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Jul 2023, 14:30

Many people are gonna either stick or switch to PlayStation anyway because Xbox folk are crying about a change being made about recording voice chat harassment. Big dick energy comments going "we losing freedom of speech, you guys are all pussies, hey shouldn't be playing the game then" yadda yadda yadda coincidentally all from guys that probably never been bullied or harassed in their life.
So yeah Playstation need not worry about losing customers come the voice chat change they will get plenty of big lads that get a kick from harassing minors and women coming their way

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 14 Jul 2023, 14:44

Apart from the possibility of not playing Elder Scrolls VI when it eventually comes out after the 50th rerelease of Skyrim I don't have an issue with the takeover.

And I don't really play online games anymore anyway apart from the odd Tera Raid on Scarlet and Violet.

Also didn't realise that CoD had been a Sony exclusive IP as I always remember it being on multiple platforms.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 14 Jul 2023, 15:11

UnmeiNoTenshi wrote:
14 Jul 2023, 14:44
Apart from the possibility of not playing Elder Scrolls VI when it eventually comes out after the 50th rerelease of Skyrim I don't have an issue with the takeover.

And I don't really play online games anymore anyway apart from the odd Tera Raid on Scarlet and Violet.

Also didn't realise that CoD had been a Sony exclusive IP as I always remember it being on multiple platforms.

Literally cry more, TES VI was always going to be Xbox exclusive anyway.

Also, according to that overpaid clown Jim Ryan, even though COD has always been multiformat, it's still Sony's biggest non first party seller apparently, that's why they're crying real tears about the very possibility of it going anywhere near Xbox.

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 14 Jul 2023, 15:37

Please I couldn't care less about so called console wars. Just because I can't play a couple of games won't make me lose any sleep, I have other things doing that for me. I can just watch gameplay online that while not the same is still enjoyable.

And along side sports games such as Fifa I think CoD games are the biggest pile of recycled shit they throw out every single year, it just the same thing with a slightly different paint job.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Jul 2023, 12:11

FTC loses appeal< MS/Activision deal to go ahead, possibly except in UK

Above.

There was no case to answer IMO, not without the FTC proving they were paid off by Sony to block it because they're crying about losing some of their exclusive IPs such as COD.