Can anyone recommend a cheap game that's good for easy achievements?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 20 Jun 2023, 19:26

Steam or Xbox?

Now that I have funds on my card, I'm half tempted to pop on Steam and get Amanda the Adventurer, but I'd rather get some Xbox achievements.

I am aware of Google.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Jun 2023, 06:55

If you are up for some colouring I think Colouring Pixels is like a quid and then you got extra packs for about same price, maybe cheaper. You got some quick and easy pictures in there for easy achievements(not all of them though)- one per picture. That's on Steam. I'm sure there's some free to play games that have achievements to collect too.

Edit: there's like over 1000 there so that shall keep you busy :D

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Jun 2023, 08:00

I couldn't get Amanda the Adventurer, I couldn't even get the demo to work (damn you Windows exclusive games! Why put Windows exclusives on the flippin' Steam platform?!)
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Jun 2023, 17:42

How do you think Mac users feel as well? Lol the number of times I have or my sister has been cut short from getting a game because we used a Mac or MacBook

Idk if it's something to do with system requirements. Not too sure on Linux but I know that Windows and Mac have different requirements probably hence why Mac is not ideal for a lot of games. That's my best guess at a answer anyway

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Jun 2023, 17:45

Think as a tip, I believe you can filter your search on system compatible games (or you should be able to, if not just make sure you check before buying obviously)

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Jun 2023, 17:46

LilMissLarBear wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 17:42
How do you think Mac users feel as well? Lol the number of times I have or my sister has been cut short from getting a game because we used a Mac or MacBook

Idk if it's something to do with system requirements. Not too sure on Linux but I know that Windows and Mac have different requirements probably hence why Mac is not ideal for a lot of games. That's my best guess at a answer anyway

Yep, one of the reasons I pretty much gave up on PC gaming in late 2002 when the OG Xbox came out was rising spec requirements and the need for a "Ninja" PC to run almost anything, even on very basic settings.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Jun 2023, 19:03

hmmm... going back to cheap game recommendations can I ask if you have xbox game pass? if you dont I recommend tbf. Partly because you will have loads of games available to pick from just one price and because im selfish (sarcasm) and I dont know what the original prices are for the games I have. I would dig into some of those but idk if they are cheap without the pass

For example I got Katamari Damacy Reroll from the Xbox Game Pass and that offers basically an achievement every level you complete so nothing too complicated or secret there but the original price is something like £25

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Jun 2023, 20:23

LilMissLarBear wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 19:03
hmmm... going back to cheap game recommendations can I ask if you have xbox game pass? if you dont I recommend tbf. Partly because you will have loads of games available to pick from just one price and because im selfish (sarcasm) and I dont know what the original prices are for the games I have. I would dig into some of those but idk if they are cheap without the pass

For example I got Katamari Damacy Reroll from the Xbox Game Pass and that offers basically an achievement every level you complete so nothing too complicated or secret there but the original price is something like £25

I've had Game Pass for years, as it happens there's a few bits out next week that look good.

And something tomorrow I think.