Jrpg Recommendations

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Takagi-Lowe-San
Great Britain

Achievements

Jrpg Recommendations

Post by Takagi-Lowe-San » 20 Jun 2023, 16:46

I am looking for recommendations for really good jrpg's my favourites are trails of cold steel, sword art online recent addition ys viii lacrimosa of dana 

drill
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Jrpg Recommendations

Post by drill » 21 Jun 2023, 05:32

Have you played the earlier Trails games (Sky 1-3, Zero, Azure)? You should definitely play those before playing Reverie. And since you seem to like Falcom games, have you tried Tokyo Xanadu? Persona is also a great franchise to check out. I'd personally recommend starting with Persona 4 or 5 as there is no need to play them in order. Also, Fire Emblem: Three Houses is great if you have a Switch.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Jrpg Recommendations

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Jun 2023, 06:47

I second Persona, I've only started on it myself and it looks really cool. I was recommended to play persona 5 first so perhaps you should too :D

If I'm honest I have quite a fair few that I just haven't touched yet. Just bought the Ace Attorney bundle, I was recommended that game apparently that's really good and it's on Nintendo sale for like £10 so if you are interested you should probably get on that too.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Takagi-Lowe-San
Great Britain

Achievements

Jrpg Recommendations

Post by Takagi-Lowe-San » 11 Jul 2023, 16:03

Thank you for the recommendation for persona 5 IT IS good

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Jrpg Recommendations

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Jul 2023, 16:15

There's a new version of Sword Art Online coming at some point.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Tuffin
Miyu Member
Miyu Member
United States of America

Jrpg Recommendations

Post by Tuffin » 18 Jul 2023, 02:01

I also would recommend Persona, quite good, specially 5.
I quite liked Radiant Historia the original and the remake. Not sure if theyre available on anything other than DS/3DS though
The other Ys games might be good too, like maybe IX or Celceta (if you havent already played them)