Am I the only one doesn't like Square Enix's business practices?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Am I the only one doesn't like Square Enix's business practices?

Post by Jongriffin » 08 Dec 2022, 23:13

Dragon Quest III HD Remake is coming out. I'm not impressed. I'm not impressed because I can't legally download the original 8 bit NES trilogy on any console. Whenever they rerelease Dragon Quest, it's always a remake. One thing I loved about the rerelease of LucasArts games, such as the first two Monkey Island games and Day of the Tentacle is though they were remakes, they gave the option to play the original games. I highly doubt the Dragon Quest III remake will give gamers the options to play the original NES version, anymore than their past remakes of the game did. Heck, I would love to play original Dragon Quest I on  my Switch, but they only have the remade version available, and I played it and I don't like it. 

I would also love to replay Dragon Quest VIII, my very favorite DQ game, seeing as my PS2 is busted. But the only other version they have for it is the Nintendo 3DS version, in which they censored it from the PS2 version. 

It's not just Dragon Quest series, though. It seems like Square Enix is remaking a lot of their games, and I hate it. Why can't they give us the options to play the original versions like LucasArts did?