XBox to raise prices.

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

XBox to raise prices.

Post by Ojisama » 06 Dec 2022, 14:29

Confirmation has come today that after the holidays, XBox will be raising the price of their Series X|S games by $10 to nearly $70 per game. Games affected include upcoming releases such as Starfield, Redfall and Forza Motorsport, and will be across all platform and PC storefronts. This means that XBOX join Sony, Activision and Electronic Arts who have already increased their prices for PS5 & Series X|S games.

The good news is that these new releases will be available on Game Pass from day 1, and that will remain at its' existing price of $15/month. There are no plans to increase the price of the X|S consoles at present, unlike Sony who have already implemented a price hike on the PS5 in markets outside the US.

A Microsoft spokesperson said, “Yes, starting in 2023, our new, full-priced games will be $69.99 across console and PC storefronts. This price reflects the content, scale, and complexity of these titles, regardless of platform. These games will also be available on day one with Game Pass.”

Source - Digital Trends via MSN
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

XBox to raise prices.

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Dec 2022, 17:32

Meh, the majority of games will be on Game Pass so it's a non-issue.

More to the point, there's allegedly a ton of Xbox exclusives coming next year, leading to intense crying from Sony fans.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)